Forum software updated

More
15 Aug 2010 20:02 #8148 by garfi3ld
As you guys have already seen and played with it for a while now. I updated our forum software to the lastest version. This updated a few things that you guys should notice. We can now create polls in the forums, Moderation is much improved including the ability to ban someone for a specific amount of time, and you can now upload more than one photo at a time when creating a post.You may not notice, but the update should speed things up a little bit on the forum side, it uses less of the server. You can now see how fast each page loads at the bottom too! The page I am on right now took .19 seconds.

Another feature I am excited about is the ability to thank someone. Think of this as something similar to the "like" function of facebook. You can thank the person who creates the post or someone who responds. I encourage everyone to put this to good use thanking anyone who creates a good post. The software tracks how many thanks a person gets in the new and improved profile system. I may do something special with this in the future, but it would just be great even if you don't respond to let the person know that you liked their post if its good. Maybe this will encourage people to post more of topics that people like (like new sponsor posts ;) ).

With change we will always have people who don't like things. Its un-avoidable, but I am going to do my best to try to adjust as needed. I know a lot of people rely on the side bar to see if anyone new posted. They currently don't have this feature for the new update. I am hoping we can adjust to not having it. I would love to drop the side bar on some pages and use it to be able to have larger photos. As for the colors of the forums, let me know what you think they should be. I adjusted them a little bit, but I know a lot of people still don't like them. I am open to suggestions.

Wes
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kurzuul

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Aug 2010 20:05 #8149 by garfi3ld
Replied by garfi3ld on topic Re: Forum software updated
Also you can see a list of the most recent posts by clicking "recent discussions" under your name at the top right of the page when you are logged in.

The is also a tab for it at the top of the forums

Wes
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jolly-Swagman

More
15 Aug 2010 20:30 #8150 by Jolly-Swagman
Looks great garfi3ld, much faster and great features added, Thank you!:cheer:
The following user(s) said Thank You: garfi3ld

More
15 Aug 2010 20:44 #8151 by Nacelle
Replied by Nacelle on topic Re: Forum software updated
It's much easier to delete a spam post too.
The following user(s) said Thank You: garfi3ld

More
16 Aug 2010 02:53 - 16 Aug 2010 03:24 #8174 by Twodavez
Replied by Twodavez on topic Re: Forum software updated
It might be a stretch, but could the software take me to the latest post on the thread when i click on it from the "recent topics" tab? Or even better, could it take me to the earliest post i haven't read yet so i can keep up with what's been posted since i last logged in?
I know it's kinda picky, but i think it would make things more conveneint to hop in and check out the new posts instead of having to skim until you find one you haven't read yet.

also, is there going to be a preview button again as i'm not good at importing videos or pics and i like to know they are on there prior to submitting.

One more thing - What about a spell check for people like me who love it? :woohoo:

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain
Last edit: 16 Aug 2010 03:24 by Twodavez.

More
16 Aug 2010 04:32 - 16 Aug 2010 04:33 #8184 by Nacelle
Replied by Nacelle on topic Re: Forum software updated
If you click on the green "1 new" button, it will take you to the 1st post that you haven't read.

If you use firefox, it will underline in red misspelled words.
Last edit: 16 Aug 2010 04:33 by Nacelle.

More
16 Aug 2010 04:53 #8185 by garfi3ld
chrome will do the same thing :)

Dave you dont need the preview button, there is now a preview plane. You can view a copy of what it will look like as you type it up. Let me get a screen cap and I will post it up

Wes

More
16 Aug 2010 04:56 #8187 by garfi3ld

Wes
Attachments:

More
16 Aug 2010 04:57 - 16 Aug 2010 04:59 #8188 by garfi3ld
This is something else you can do with the recent update. You can enter in an address using the map button and insert a map into a post. For example, this is a map to our event location

306 Lambert St Ohio City, Ohio 45874

Wes
Last edit: 16 Aug 2010 04:59 by garfi3ld.

More
16 Aug 2010 05:03 - 16 Aug 2010 05:04 #8189 by garfi3ld

Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Warning: Spoiler!

Wes
Last edit: 16 Aug 2010 05:04 by garfi3ld.

More
16 Aug 2010 05:58 - 17 Aug 2010 01:34 #8192 by Dreyvas
Replied by Dreyvas on topic Re: Forum software updated
Last edit: 17 Aug 2010 01:34 by garfi3ld.

More
17 Aug 2010 01:14 #8214 by NitrosDragon

Dreyvas wrote:

I lol'd. :laugh:

[nahy-trohs-drag-uhn]
DISCLAIMER: If my reply offends you, I probably did it on purpose

We have 3002 guests and no members online

supportus