Facebook contest ideas

More
28 Apr 2012 01:47 #24832 by garfi3ld
I'm looking to do a few giveaways on facebook to help expand our social coverage. Do you guys have any suggestions? I would love to hear about contests you have been involved in that you thought were good ideas. Remember part of the goal beyond giving away cool stuff is to add more users to our facebook page.

One contest I really liked was post up a snip of how many mutual friends like the LanOC page.

I was also thinking about doing a post up your PC and have people like it contest.

Wes

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Apr 2012 18:38 #24861 by Twodavez
Replied by Twodavez on topic Re: Facebook contest ideas
On the same direction of the Post a pic of the PC, why not allow users to upload their favorite TF2 moment/pic. I know i have several funny ones that i could put out there. It levels the playing field and you might get more users able to participate as anyone can play TF2 and post a pic easier than spending the money to trick-out their PC enough to feel good about putting out for a contest.

Also, what about give-aways to people who've "liked" whatever your looking to increase. I'm sure you could get people to like the page for a chance to win even a mouse or something else that you've got sitting around...

Is there a way youc an have people recruit others? Can you track who got the personto like the page through a hyperlink or someting and make a contest out of it?

Those are just my thoughts...

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
30 Apr 2012 20:43 - 30 Apr 2012 20:43 #24866 by Hasbeen
Replied by Hasbeen on topic Re: Facebook contest ideas
Since I'm not the biggest fan of Facebook I have the perfect idea. First person to unfriend everyone on their list wins :laugh: I've been wanting a better reason that just wanting to do it for some time now so it would be perfect. I'm still thinking of other ideas about using that awful list of people we've worked so hard to acquire.
Last edit: 30 Apr 2012 20:43 by Hasbeen.

More
30 Apr 2012 21:47 #24870 by Davey_Boy

Hasbeen wrote: Since I'm not the biggest fan of Facebook I have the perfect idea. First person to unfriend everyone on their list wins :laugh: I've been wanting a better reason that just wanting to do it for some time now so it would be perfect. I'm still thinking of other ideas about using that awful list of people we've worked so hard to acquire.

hahaha I know what you mean! I only use facebook to keep in touch with friends from far away, to send links to my "gamer friends", and to have certains pages "liked" like LanOC and Razer and other stuf lol I rarely use it for "social" things haha

More
30 Apr 2012 22:58 #24876 by Twodavez
Replied by Twodavez on topic Re: Facebook contest ideas

Hasbeen wrote: Since I'm not the biggest fan of Facebook I have the perfect idea. First person to unfriend everyone on their list wins :laugh: I've been wanting a better reason that just wanting to do it for some time now so it would be perfect. I'm still thinking of other ideas about using that awful list of people we've worked so hard to acquire.

I've gone through and unfriended anyone who i'm not related to or don't hang out with on a normal basis...

I reserve my Gamer friends to Google Plus. Why not try to grow that market for LAN OC? Isn't it more Tech advanced?

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
30 Apr 2012 23:41 #24877 by garfi3ld
Replied by garfi3ld on topic Re: Facebook contest ideas
Because Google plus doesn't support RSS like Twitter and Facebook :)

Once they add that we will be more active.

Wes

More
01 May 2012 02:25 #24883 by Rock8104
Replied by Rock8104 on topic Re: Facebook contest ideas
One entry for every referal to like the site that someone gets and a second entry if they sign up for the website and post?

We have 2867 guests and no members online

supportus