Apacer AS720 Dual Interface SSD 240GB

More
27 Jul 2016 15:53 #38045 by garfi3ld

When you think of innovation in the storage industry you typically think of things like M.2 and SATA Express that help enable even faster transfer speeds. Well, a while back I was contacted by a lesser known company in the storage industry called Apacer. They had all of the standard products of course but there was one specific product that really caught my eye. This was their AS720 SSD, at first glance, it wasn’t especially innovative. But I noticed that along with the SATA connection on one end, it also had a new USB 3.1 Type C connection on the other end. This really got me thinking about how useful an SSD with dual interfaces could be. For starters, it is worlds smaller than the normal 2.5 inch USB storage devices because it doesn’t need a thick casing on top of the hard drive or SSD like most external USB drives. I was also thinking about how useful it could be when cloning your old drive to your new SSD, especially with laptops that aren’t going to have two SATA connections. So today I’m going to take a look at Apacer’s dual interface SSD. I’m going to dig inside and see what makes it tick, then test both interfaces to see just how well they both perform.

Read more...

Wes

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Jul 2016 20:10 #38046 by garfi3ld
Today I take a look at an odd SSD that actually has a USB 3.1 Type C connection in it as well.

Wes

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

We have 1719 guests and no members online

supportus