Project build: Lunchbox 4 - Part 1

More
22 Aug 2016 16:42 #38101 by garfi3ld

Talk about a long time coming, not only has it been almost three years from our last Lunchbox build, but I’ve been planning and working on this build for a good portion of the year. If you follow our coverage, you will see breadcrumbs of comments all the way back to January of me mentioning potentially using components in Lunchbox 4. The problem is how exactly do you follow up our last build, it fit the bill perfectly, was easy to take to events, and had more than enough power for everything we tossed at it. I mean I could do the same thing again but with a few upgraded components but we have always tried to go smaller and faster with every Lunchbox build and frankly going much smaller has a few major limitations. So today I’m going to sit down and run through our new build. A lot of the components have been covered in their own reviews but today I’m going to go over why I picked each part. Then tomorrow I will dive into a few of the customizations I did to the build, benchmark everything, and then talk about how the build turned out.

Read more...

Wes

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Aug 2016 20:44 #38102 by garfi3ld
Today I finally talk about our Lunchbox 4 project build that I've been working on for far to long!

Wes

More
04 Sep 2016 04:01 #38168 by NocturneKittie
Sweet looking build :) I am planing to do something similar as a dedicated LAN build with a Fractal Design Nano S ^_^

Being Good at Being Bad
The following user(s) said Thank You: garfi3ld

We have 1705 guests and no members online

supportus