Games of Interest LanOC v13.0

More
01 Aug 2013 21:22 - 01 Aug 2013 21:24 #31959 by garfi3ld

cheatch wrote:

SpeedBump wrote:

Lersar wrote: AoEII HD will be out on Steam by then, I'd LOVE to see that.

This. +1

For my suggestion.

Siamese Counter Strike. Played this at a few other LANs. It is CRAZY fun and always gets lots of people involved. What it is..... Counter Strike Source Team deathmatch with a twist. How it works..... You get two player teams. The twist.... EACH 2 PERSON TEAM plays as a SINGLE player. One person controls the mouse the other person controls the keyboard. Trust me when I say it is more than comical watching guys run into walls...not hit an enemy 2 feet in front of them, scream and cuss each other out for being an idiot..that kinda stuff. Usually, people team up on their own. The server gets setup as a standard team deathmatch with a set time and the 2 person team with the highest score wins. It doesn't matter if T or CT wins, just teh 2 player team with the most points is the winner. Hopefully some guys will toss out some input on this and the powers that be will consider adding this to the schedule.

Interesting, I'd like to play both of these at this LAN.

I will probably not participate in any of the tournaments since the format has changed to "bring your own team", which just turns into a game of whomever can stack their team the most.

The only format that has changed is we will host a vote on all tournament options once we get everyones games. From there people can vote on if they would like byot and random teams.

I will be sending out an email to everyone who is signed up for the lan in the next few days with a link to the vote

Wes
Last edit: 01 Aug 2013 21:24 by garfi3ld.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dreyvas

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Aug 2013 21:29 #31960 by Myndmelt
This is what I plan on playing.

COD BLOPS DOS
Torchlight II
BL 2
Maybe Diablo 3 if anyone is into it.
COD 4.
Worms Reloaded
Any oif the unreal tournaments or Quake 4 if we can get some people playing.
Tribes: Ascend.

More
01 Aug 2013 22:02 #31962 by Dreyvas

Myndmelt wrote: This is what I plan on playing.
COD BLOPS DOS
COD 4.
Worms Reloaded
Any oif the unreal tournaments or Quake 4 if we can get some people playing.
Tribes: Ascend.

+1

More
01 Aug 2013 22:10 #31963 by cheatch

garfi3ld wrote:

cheatch wrote:

SpeedBump wrote:

Lersar wrote: AoEII HD will be out on Steam by then, I'd LOVE to see that.

This. +1

For my suggestion.

Siamese Counter Strike. Played this at a few other LANs. It is CRAZY fun and always gets lots of people involved. What it is..... Counter Strike Source Team deathmatch with a twist. How it works..... You get two player teams. The twist.... EACH 2 PERSON TEAM plays as a SINGLE player. One person controls the mouse the other person controls the keyboard. Trust me when I say it is more than comical watching guys run into walls...not hit an enemy 2 feet in front of them, scream and cuss each other out for being an idiot..that kinda stuff. Usually, people team up on their own. The server gets setup as a standard team deathmatch with a set time and the 2 person team with the highest score wins. It doesn't matter if T or CT wins, just teh 2 player team with the most points is the winner. Hopefully some guys will toss out some input on this and the powers that be will consider adding this to the schedule.

Interesting, I'd like to play both of these at this LAN.

I will probably not participate in any of the tournaments since the format has changed to "bring your own team", which just turns into a game of whomever can stack their team the most.

The only format that has changed is we will host a vote on all tournament options once we get everyones games. From there people can vote on if they would like byot and random teams.

I will be sending out an email to everyone who is signed up for the lan in the next few days with a link to the vote

The problem I see with this is the majority of the people that go to lanOC are from the area and would mostly likely vote to stack the teams. Then you have people coming from a long distance that have a serious disadvantage of stacking teams and don't pay that much attention to these forums to vote. So in a way, you are discouraging people like me (who is traveling Dayton) from participating in your tournaments, which I haven't participated in a tournament since v9.0.

Random teams are the way to go because it gives everyone an equal chance to get a good team, encourages new people to try games they haven't played, and gives you an opportunity to play with some people you wouldn't of otherwise.

OTOH I do realize the problem with the sore losers that will cry and cry when they lose in these random teams.

More
01 Aug 2013 22:34 - 01 Aug 2013 22:38 #31964 by garfi3ld
Almost no one is from this area, just wanted to point that out.

This post is about posting up game suggestions and shouldn't really be the place for an in depth conversation on the random teams vs bring your own teams conversation.

Also, only one of our tournaments at V12 was a BYOT, none of the tournaments at v11 were BYOT, 2 of the tournaments at v10, and zero at v9 were BYOT.

Also the vote isn't just posted here on the forums. I email it directly to everyone who is registered for the lan. If you miss it, it isn't for a lack of us trying <3

Wes
Last edit: 01 Aug 2013 22:38 by garfi3ld.

More
01 Aug 2013 22:43 #31965 by garfi3ld
Back to the topic at hand

keep posting up your game suggestions. We will continue to add them to the list of games we will be playing at the lan and this Friday (tomorrow) we will put together a vote for tournament options as well.

Wes
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dreyvas

More
01 Aug 2013 23:25 #31966 by Deb0
Replied by Deb0 on topic Games of Interest LanOC v13.0
I suggest Dodgeball.

More
02 Aug 2013 12:31 #31971 by SpeedBump

mem0man wrote: I suggest Dodgeball.

Dodgeball as in TF2 Dodgeball mod? OMG! I am PRO @ DB mod. Mostly what I play as of late. I wanted this at the last lan, but time and such prevented it. My son has a server running it now. If the admins at the LAN can work this out...the server is good to go for the weekend.

More
02 Aug 2013 19:11 #31972 by Deb0
Replied by Deb0 on topic Games of Interest LanOC v13.0

SpeedBump wrote:

mem0man wrote: I suggest Dodgeball.

Dodgeball as in TF2 Dodgeball mod? OMG! I am PRO @ DB mod. Mostly what I play as of late. I wanted this at the last lan, but time and such prevented it. My son has a server running it now. If the admins at the LAN can work this out...the server is good to go for the weekend.

Nupe. Dodgeball as in outside in the sun throwing objects at people. =D
The following user(s) said Thank You: Twodavez

More
03 Aug 2013 05:20 #31976 by SpeedBump
NOOOOO!!! The sun is tryin to kill me!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: garfi3ld, Dreyvas, Plague

More
05 Aug 2013 02:15 #31990 by Ronster
cod4
cod4 freeze tag
lfd2 versus
bf3
df 1 ctf
df bhd
cs go
sof2
The following user(s) said Thank You: garfi3ld

More
05 Aug 2013 02:37 #31992 by renegade
COD 4
COD 4 Freeze Tag
Worms
l4d2
official poker tournament (Cash Tournament?)
bf3
cs:go

More
05 Aug 2013 04:20 #31996 by Shroud
SMITE. Don't even care if it's a tourny (though it would be sweet)
The following user(s) said Thank You: garfi3ld

We have 2291 guests and one member online

supportus