V13 Official Tournaments -

More
07 Aug 2013 10:58 - 07 Aug 2013 22:02 #32029 by garfi3ld
After our vote, here are the winning tournaments. Make sure to read this entire post because after showing the voting results I am going to announce a slightly new format for our tournaments that I'm really excited about.

First Here are the winning games

Our CS:GO Tournament is sponsored by " be quiet! "

Here are the actual poll results for those who are interested.

Thank you to all of you who voted, I directly emailed every single person who signed up. I would have liked to of seen a little more of a response but it is what it is. We also had a lot of games added into the other categories that weren't mentioned in the games of interest post. I can't say it enough, remember to post there. That is where we get the games we vote on from.

As for tournament change that I mentioned at the start of this post. We are adding two more tournaments to our LAN. I'm excited about this because the way I am scheduling these we should be able to give people options to play each day even if they are only interested in FPS's or MOBA's. The same goes for people who are interested in random teams only and bring your own teams only.

I'm still working on the official schedule so I will just give you an example of what I will be doing.

We will be running two tournaments at the same time. The idea is if you are interested in only one type of game you have two tournaments you can sign up for and if you only like BYOT tournaments you can just do those (or the same for Random team tournaments)

Saturday
LoL ARAM BYOT
CS:GO Random Teams

Sunday
CS:GO BYOT
LoL ARAM Random Teams

This option requires a lot more work from the staff, running two tournaments at the same time won't be easy but we hope this will make the weekend even more enjoyable for everyone.

Wes
Attachments:
Last edit: 07 Aug 2013 22:02 by garfi3ld.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Aug 2013 16:17 #32031 by Davey_Boy
dam I missed the poll :(

More
07 Aug 2013 17:57 #32033 by Wingless92

Davey_Boy wrote: dam I missed the poll :(

Don't worry, LoL won.

Interesting that Shoot Mania got votes. That game BLOWS,lol.

Nice to see LoL and CS back. Doubt that I will play in them as I expect to finish all the single player games that I have going on at the LAN but it seems like people LOVE these two games.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rhythmatic

More
07 Aug 2013 19:35 #32034 by garfi3ld
Replied by garfi3ld on topic V13 Official Tournaments -

I borderline spammed you guys and said when the vote was going to end, how on earth did you miss it lol

Wes

More
07 Aug 2013 22:38 #32038 by Dreyvas
Replied by Dreyvas on topic V13 Official Tournaments -

E-MAIL, MOTHERFUCKER. DO YOU CHECK IT?!

:P
The following user(s) said Thank You: Davey_Boy, Myndmelt

More
08 Aug 2013 01:26 #32040 by renegade
Replied by renegade on topic V13 Official Tournaments -
I can see how people will say they knew nothing about this vote that lasted only 48 hours. That is a very very short window.

Most people check the website maybe once a week, and I know a lot of people that check email about the same as well.

Would of been nice to see the voting run at least a week, but more like 2 weeks or so to capture a wider vote.

Would of like to have seen just game title not modes listed in the vote then once a game wins you re-vote for the game mode to be played.

More
08 Aug 2013 01:41 - 08 Aug 2013 01:41 #32042 by Wingless92
I check my email every 5 min. Would have been nice to see in the email that the voting was only going to be two days. Either way, stay on top of stuff everyone. It kinda helps.
Last edit: 08 Aug 2013 01:41 by Wingless92.

More
08 Aug 2013 01:51 #32043 by garfi3ld
Replied by garfi3ld on topic V13 Official Tournaments -

renegade wrote: I can see how people will say they knew nothing about this vote that lasted only 48 hours. That is a very very short window.

Most people check the website maybe once a week, and I know a lot of people that check email about the same as well.

We were rushed to get it locked down before pricing goes up because in the past people have been upset if we don't have tournaments locked down before the price goes up.

renegade wrote: Would of been nice to see the voting run at least a week, but more like 2 weeks or so to capture a wider vote.

We actually got more votes for this one that the last events vote that did run for two weeks. I didn't WANT to push it through so quickly and I am sorry for that. But with a 59/105 vs last times 50/127 I do feel like we got a better representation. Next event when I'm not dealing with health issues for the month and a half leading up to the vote I will hopefully not be behind like I was this time.

renegade wrote: Would of like to have seen just game title not modes listed in the vote then once a game wins you re-vote for the game mode to be played.

I actually disagree on this one. There are some people who would only vote to play a game depending on the mode you are going to play. For example, only some people want to play ARAM or Normals.

Wes

More
08 Aug 2013 02:16 #32045 by Dreyvas
Replied by Dreyvas on topic V13 Official Tournaments -

renegade wrote: Would of like to have seen just game title not modes listed in the vote then once a game wins you re-vote for the game mode to be played.

I personally strongly agree with this, I was thinking the same thing myself.
The following user(s) said Thank You: renegade

More
08 Aug 2013 04:37 - 08 Aug 2013 04:38 #32058 by Myndmelt
Replied by Myndmelt on topic V13 Official Tournaments -
Last edit: 08 Aug 2013 04:38 by Myndmelt.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dreyvas, Plague, Davey_Boy

More
08 Aug 2013 06:56 #32060 by Plague
Replied by Plague on topic V13 Official Tournaments -

Myndmelt wrote:

That has actually been my text message sound since I have had a phone with texting. LOL
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dreyvas

More
08 Aug 2013 17:45 #32067 by cheatch
Replied by cheatch on topic V13 Official Tournaments -
Didn't vote in time, but I like the results. :lol:

More
10 Aug 2013 03:45 #32121 by Davey_Boy

Dreyvas wrote:

E-MAIL, MOTHERFUCKER. DO YOU CHECK IT?!

:P

Figures the two days I dont check it :(

More
12 Aug 2013 17:15 #32187 by Ropplestiltskin
I am horrible at checking my email so yeah I missed the poll. Funny thing is Plague is my best friend I guess I should pay attention to what is going on :)

Ok so I need a bottle of nitro, a stick of Dynamite, a roll of duct tape and ... Oh yeah! a squirrel

More
13 Aug 2013 02:20 #32199 by Action
Replied by Action on topic V13 Official Tournaments -
I am actually surprised Battlefield 3 did not get more votes... since it went down to only $5 over the summer not to mention much much better FPS than CS.

More
13 Aug 2013 04:41 #32201 by Deb0
Replied by Deb0 on topic V13 Official Tournaments -
More people like the more tournament style of CS plus I think just about everyone knows the maps at this point. You all have fun in the tournaments...I'll be playing FFXIV.

We have 1992 guests and no members online

supportus