V15 Tournament Suggestions

More
16 Jun 2014 21:44 #35029 by Arxon
Replied by Arxon on topic V15 Tournament Suggestions
I would love to see a trouney that isn't team based. Like a FFA Quake 3 DM.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Jul 2014 14:04 #35122 by CrazyBillyBob
+1 Titanfall

More
10 Jul 2014 02:44 #35148 by Ronster
Replied by Ronster on topic V15 Tournament Suggestions
so any news yet on the tournament picks so I know what games I should be working on

More
10 Jul 2014 19:52 #35149 by garfi3ld
Replied by garfi3ld on topic V15 Tournament Suggestions
Before the end of this weekend I will send out an email to people pre-paid for the lan showing the list of games that we will have in the poll. I will give a few days for people to get back with me and add any last minute additions. Once I lock that down I will send out the emails with links to the vote. With that I will have the date/percentage we will lock the winner down. In other words once we hit a specific number of voters (most likely 85 to 90%) I will lock it down even if there is still time left on the vote.

Wes

More
17 Jul 2014 15:05 #35162 by Davey_Boy

garfi3ld wrote: Before the end of this weekend I will send out an email to people pre-paid for the lan showing the list of games that we will have in the poll. I will give a few days for people to get back with me and add any last minute additions. Once I lock that down I will send out the emails with links to the vote. With that I will have the date/percentage we will lock the winner down. In other words once we hit a specific number of voters (most likely 85 to 90%) I will lock it down even if there is still time left on the vote.

Did I miss this email? I haven't gotten one yet and I don't wanna miss the tourney voting lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

More
17 Jul 2014 18:45 #35163 by garfi3ld
It took me far to long to get the mailing list put together. I sent out a list of what we will be putting in the vote today. This was to double check to make sure nothing else needs to be added and to also make sure I have everyones email correct. Now that I have the list done the vote will go out asap (just want to give a little time for people to reply with additional games now)

Wes

More
17 Jul 2014 18:57 - 17 Jul 2014 19:00 #35164 by Rhythmatic
Why is Titanfall just CTF? Why not Hardpoint or Attrition?

Even though I like Titanfall, I don't care for its CTF at all, so in the event it does get voted as a tourney game, it would suck to have it be CTF.
Last edit: 17 Jul 2014 19:00 by Rhythmatic.

More
17 Jul 2014 19:02 - 17 Jul 2014 19:19 #35165 by garfi3ld
because noone suggested a game mode so I picked one :p

please suggest what you would like to see and I will add it (thats why I sent out that email)

Wes
Last edit: 17 Jul 2014 19:19 by garfi3ld.

More
19 Jul 2014 04:47 - 19 Jul 2014 04:48 #35166 by Rhythmatic

Rhythmatic wrote: 1 month 1 week ago: Titanfall: Attrition

:P 6v6 Attrition (aka Team Deathmatch).
Last edit: 19 Jul 2014 04:48 by Rhythmatic.

More
19 Jul 2014 05:21 #35167 by garfi3ld
5v5 is possible right? I already have a sponsor lined up with the assumed 5v5

Wes

More
21 Jul 2014 22:18 #35168 by garfi3ld
the survey went out today via email to those who are signed up for the LAN

Wes

More
24 Jul 2014 02:17 #35173 by Rhythmatic
Not sure, but I figure that it'll let you do that. I totally didn't consider that 6v6 means 2 more prizes from the sponsor, my bad. :whistle:

More
24 Jul 2014 03:17 #35174 by garfi3ld
No problem I only ask for the help on things like that because I don't play everything and I want to make sure it works

Wes

More
07 Aug 2014 03:46 #35220 by teej21012
Wes, is the list of games located here lanoc.org/lan-parties/games the final list for v15? The title of the list says 14 and it has different games from the last one as well

More
07 Aug 2014 03:55 #35221 by garfi3ld
I was hoping noone would notice ;)

The tournaments are correct but I hadn't put together the game listing yet and got busy today working on a few other things.

We will be posting the tournament rules over the next few days as well as the schedule once I lock down the last few things. But the tournament listing is the following

League of Legends 5v5 Normals
CS:GO Plant
Hearthstone
Dirt Showdown Demo Derby

I'm looking to try to add a few for fun game times to the schedule as well

Wes

More
07 Aug 2014 04:18 #35224 by teej21012
Sounds awesome! Is there any word on how the lines coming in are going to be (better speeds/more consistent) as well as router configurations? I know sideout isn't too fond of league cuz of the traffic it generates and it seems to always be the biggest pain in the butt for him.

More
07 Aug 2014 05:48 #35226 by garfi3ld
League doesn't create all that much traffic, but time warner as it sits here with just me on it gets a ping of around 110 so it is the most sensitive to any additional ping that the LAN can cause.

Sideout has been working on the router config often and actually picked up our refreshed router yesterday and was toying with it today. The GOAL is to have 200 down and 20 up at the LAN. Every time we have ever tried that we have a problem with at least one of the connections hopefully we can work it out. I bought three new modems for this event with the hopes of getting us the best possible connection

Wes

We have 1576 guests and one member online

supportus