Hearthstone Play @ LAN

More
07 Feb 2016 22:34 #37617 by Jaymes007
Regardless of whether or not it becomes a tournament, any chance we can turn the LAN into a Hearthstone Fireside gathering?

Here's the form:

us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/fireside-gatherings

Pretty simple to do, and everyone participating gets a special card back.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Feb 2016 00:20 #37621 by garfi3ld
Replied by garfi3ld on topic Hearthstone Play @ LAN
I'm not against this at all, although the person creating it has to play so I might not be the best person to set this up. Do any of the members of staff play?

Wes
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jaymes007

More
09 Feb 2016 11:31 #37625 by Ropplestiltskin
I do play some, If they are interested I can do it Wes.

Ok so I need a bottle of nitro, a stick of Dynamite, a roll of duct tape and ... Oh yeah! a squirrel

More
11 Feb 2016 21:14 #37645 by BIG-SPENCE
Replied by BIG-SPENCE on topic Hearthstone Play @ LAN
Yes pls! XD

Specs for my Rig:
*UNDER CONSTRUCTION*

More
12 Feb 2016 11:50 #37654 by Lersar
Replied by Lersar on topic Hearthstone Play @ LAN
We've submitted our event application and are now waiting on Blizzard to approve it. They estimate 3 to 5 days, I'll post as soon as we have any updates.

One caveat is they only allow these events to be within 24 hours... in other words, when I set the 20th as the start day at 10:00 AM it wouldn't let me complete the form until I set the end day on the 21st at 9:30 AM (it wouldn't even let me choose 10:00 AM on the 21st because it had to be *before*).

What this means is that if you're interested in participating in this and getting the card back, you'll need to play your three games primarily on Saturday (and some of Sunday morning though it may be harder to find people to play with then).

Ropple and I at the very least are going to try to make ourselves available for anyone who wants to play in case there are difficulties finding opponents. I, for one, am pretty terrible so don't expect a lot of competition that way :D

The official requirements to qualify for a card back are below, but essentially we need at least 3 people logged in to Hearthstone at the LAN (shouldn't be a problem) then you have to play at least three matches against other players on the same LAN network.

This card back can be obtained by playing three matches against another player on the same network using the following criteria:

At least three people (including yourself) must be logged into Hearthstone on the same subnet.
Each match must be played against a player that is playing on the same subnet as you.
These matches can be played against your friends or using the Player Near Me feature, as long as the above two criteria are met.

More
13 Feb 2016 16:04 #37664 by Jaymes007
Replied by Jaymes007 on topic Hearthstone Play @ LAN
Thanks for making this happen guys! I know myself and at least one of my friends coming to the LAN will be available to play as well.

More
13 Feb 2016 19:27 - 13 Feb 2016 19:28 #37666 by Lersar
And we're good!

Last edit: 13 Feb 2016 19:28 by Lersar.

More
13 Feb 2016 21:40 #37667 by Ropplestiltskin
Thanks Adam for getting this taken care of.

Ok so I need a bottle of nitro, a stick of Dynamite, a roll of duct tape and ... Oh yeah! a squirrel

More
20 Mar 2016 03:02 #37853 by Lersar
A quick update that you will get the card back immediately at the LAN after the three games, we've confirmed this with multiple people. Also remember that it has to be done before 9:30 AM on Sunday.

We have 1350 guests and one member online

supportus