The New AMD FX-9590 and AMD FX-9370

More
24 Jul 2013 22:54 - 24 Jul 2013 22:55 #31843 by Wingcmdr77
For the few that own AMD processors here and the intel fan boys what are your objective thoughts on these?

One concern I have is 220 watts for the cpu? Sure you can get a bigger PSU and more fans (liquid cooling also) for the heat... However with Haswell from Intel, AMD took a step backwards...

www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardware-c...piledriver-5ghz.html
Last edit: 24 Jul 2013 22:55 by Wingcmdr77.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Jul 2013 02:15 - 25 Jul 2013 02:17 #31847 by Hasbeen
I'm a fan of AMD, mostly becuase they have always been rather cheap and to a lesser extent because they had a wide selection of motherboards to choose from. Lately I've felt that this selection of motherboards has dropped off, but it may be just Newegg's lack of supply. I've always shopped newegg, and only recently started using Amazon regularly after trying their Prime service. As for these new chips AMD release I just can't say they are anywhere near what I've come to expect from them.

I'm sure there is a niche somewhere for these chips, but it certainly wouldn't be in my house. 5ghz is cool and all, but what I really want is something that can at least perform within reason of and Intel ####K cpu while still retaining a favorable price difference, and not require reactor grade cooling setups to maintain a comfortable cpu temp.
Last edit: 25 Jul 2013 02:17 by Hasbeen.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wingcmdr77

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

We have 1452 guests and no members online

supportus