Look what landed on my desk today!

• L0rdG1gabyt3
  • L0rdG1gabyt3's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • The character limit on this box is too small for m
More
13 Oct 2010 00:49 #10270 by L0rdG1gabyt3
Check this out! A guy walks into my store today, says "This monitor doesnt work, I want to have it recycled." I take the screen, and then sell him a brand new 24" ViewSonic LED LCD 1080p DVI/VGA/HDMI screen.

I take his old monitor in the back and plug it in, and it powers on, and works PERFECTLY!!!

www.amazon.com/Westinghouse-LCM-22W3-22-...onitor/dp/B000PDD130

The link describes what screen it is. Sure its not top of the line, but for FREEEEEEEEE? Cant really complain. It will compliment my 19" HannSpree that I got in a similar fashion last year.

God I love working in a service shop!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Oct 2010 04:57 #10286 by Nacelle
I wonder how long it will take for him to come back to have his computer repaired when he realizes the monitor wasn't the problem?

• L0rdG1gabyt3
  • Platinum Member
More
13 Oct 2010 05:35 #10289 by L0rdG1gabyt3

Nacelle wrote: I wonder how long it will take for him to come back to have his computer repaired when he realizes the monitor wasn't the problem?

Well, the screen is on my desk at home now.... It did take about 10min before it turned on... so, there probably is something wrong with it. But since I dont shut my screens off.. I hope it will be ok!

More
13 Oct 2010 06:55 #10292 by jj_Sky5000
Its one of the backlight thast going out. it takes a while for everything to warm up. Its just a matter of time before it fails :( and has to be replaced

• L0rdG1gabyt3
  • Platinum Member
More
13 Oct 2010 07:18 #10293 by L0rdG1gabyt3

jj_Sky5000 wrote: Its one of the backlight thast going out. it takes a while for everything to warm up. Its just a matter of time before it fails :( and has to be replaced

Until that happens, I am more than happy to use it!

More
13 Oct 2010 08:10 #10295 by Reaper
I was able to nurse my old OG 17" LCD along for about 6 months by ramping up the backlight RGB gains (not the "brightness" setting). But yeah enjoy it while it lasts.

We have 1082 guests and one member online

supportus