Win 7 vs Win 8

More
01 Feb 2013 01:25 #29222 by Wingcmdr77
Win 7 vs Win 8 was created by Wingcmdr77
I've been thinking about making the switch permanently on my main PC. I know the Specs for both. Do any of you think I might notice a gain on Win 8? I know I'd benefit from Win 8's native Usb support, instead of directly from the vendors.

I have no need or have a Touch Screen Monitor though.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Feb 2013 01:36 #29223 by evildoer
Replied by evildoer on topic Win 7 vs Win 8
I thought the desktop behaved snappier than Windows 7, and the new shortcut Ctrl+X should have been implemented years ago.

I'd run Windows 8 in a VM first and make sure you won't hate yourself for switching.

You can ask the guys that attend Nexus.. I've submitted myself to the torture of Windows 8 for months. I tried to force myself to like it. If you're in to productivity of any kind, Windows 8 will frustrate you. Even with a start-button mod (which in my experience are hacky and not reliable) you'll want to stab your eyes with a fork.

For gaming, with the exception of issues with a few games when Windows 8 first launched it was OK. You won't see any performance increases or anything though.

More
01 Feb 2013 23:36 #29240 by L0rdG1gabyt3
Replied by L0rdG1gabyt3 on topic Win 7 vs Win 8

Wingcmdr77 wrote: I have no need or have a Touch Screen Monitor though.

This is how Win8 should be run. If you dont have one, you will struggle a bit. Startup and shutdown are faster, and the way they implement windows updates has changed to need fewer/less frequent reboots.

There have been some issues with Win8 remembering network passwords.

"evildoer wrote: I'd run Windows 8 in a VM first and make sure you won't hate yourself for switching.

This is a great idea.
Make sure you like it before you make the permanent change.

Personally, I have no plans to migrate any of my systems to win8. I fully plan (at this moment) on XP-ing Win7.

More
01 Feb 2013 23:55 #29241 by Sideout
Replied by Sideout on topic Win 7 vs Win 8

I am the LAN!!!!

More
02 Feb 2013 01:49 #29243 by Wingcmdr77
Replied by Wingcmdr77 on topic Win 7 vs Win 8
I think after reading this, I can kiss Win 8 goodbye for a little longer! :woohoo:

We have 1848 guests and no members online

supportus