LanOC tf2 server memories!!!!

More
12 Oct 2010 23:24 #10261 by jj_Sky5000

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Oct 2010 23:26 #10263 by Koolaid84
ah the good old days

Enjoy life. There's plenty of time to be dead. --Anon

More
12 Oct 2010 23:28 #10264 by jj_Sky5000
I about jump out of my chair when you shot me !!!! it scared me to death !!! I never saw you !!! lol

More
13 Oct 2010 00:05 #10267 by garfi3ld
I miss these days. I hope we can get another server in the future. We just need someone to maintain it, and to find a game everyone would be up for playing. I am wondering if the new call of duty could be that game

Wes

More
13 Oct 2010 01:12 #10272 by Dreyvas

garfi3ld wrote: I miss these days. I hope we can get another server in the future. We just need someone to maintain it, and to find a game everyone would be up for playing. I am wondering if the new call of duty could be that game

I was going to suggest this, actually. Now that they have dedicated servers and mod tools, I'm pretty sure even more of our regulars will be getting it. I mean, we probably have half a dozen people that still play MW2 nightly on a regular basis. I could see that doubling or tripling for this game.

More
13 Oct 2010 01:31 #10274 by L0rdG1gabyt3
What system specs does it take to run a dedicated TF2 server? I currently have 30 computers in my basement doing nothing, and 3 computers that currently run full time (one of which is acutally my home server).

My home internet connection is 25/25 so I have a pretty solid pipe.

More
13 Oct 2010 01:40 #10275 by J_E_R_O_M_E

garfi3ld wrote: I miss these days. I hope we can get another server in the future. We just need someone to maintain it, and to find a game everyone would be up for playing. I am wondering if the new call of duty could be that game

I agree with your statement sir! A COD server would definitely get used I'm sure we have damn near made it a nightly ritual to hop on with at least Wingless and I every night it seems with MW2

"Where ever you go, there you are"

Battle.net: J_E_R_O_M_E
Steam: J_3_R_0_M_3

More
13 Oct 2010 01:57 #10276 by garfi3ld
Im not sure what specs you would eed for a server, but if you are up for trying let me know

J-E-Rome, Im going to look into it :)

Wes

More
13 Oct 2010 03:14 - 13 Oct 2010 03:14 #10280 by L0rdG1gabyt3

garfi3ld wrote: Im not sure what specs you would eed for a server, but if you are up for trying let me know

Im up for it. Its one of the few games I ACTUALLY own, but have played very little. Don't really like getting pwned by 12 yr olds with fowl language. I would rather get my @$$ handed to me by someone my own age! Makes it a little less embarassing! ;)
Last edit: 13 Oct 2010 03:14 by L0rdG1gabyt3.

More
13 Oct 2010 04:02 #10281 by garfi3ld
I figured I should add in my videos

Wes

More
13 Oct 2010 04:40 #10284 by Nacelle
The specs for a TF2 server are really light. I had a lan party server running on a 1.4ghz athlon and 512mb. If you have anything better, you'll be fine. It's not too hard to set up. I'll see if I can find a tutorial. The hardest part is setting up the server.cfg. Unless you're going to add a mod, then that's the hard part. You have to be good with vague instructions.

More
13 Oct 2010 05:23 #10288 by Plague
I use to have a TF2 hosted from my house. but I think connection was lacking because if everyone is was connected from the internet they would get high ping. odd with 15MB/1.5MB connection.

I might have to actually buy a COD game.

We have 1520 guests and no members online

supportus