Fallout New Vegas

More
20 Oct 2010 22:56 #10455 by drpain
Fallout New Vegas was created by drpain
Anyone picked this up yet or planning on picking this one up? I have been hearing it can be pretty punishing on the player unlike Fallout 3.

You actually have to eat, sleep, drink, repair and monitor your health a little more closely. Like if you cripple yourself you can either pay the premium to get fixed or train a high level medical skill and fix it yourself.

Don't know if anyone played the vanilla Fallout 3 but I found it to be pretty easy and soft on the player not really providing any challenge since when you leveled up so did all the NPC's in the world so there really wasn't much a challenge like I'm sure most of know from the early RPG days.

The game looks pretty much the same graphically but I think Obsidian which if I'm not mistaking is made up of some of the original Black Isle guys that did Fallout 1 and 2 are trying to restore this game to a more traditional RPG instead of babysitting and hand-holding for the player like most of the games I see today.

Custom Built: AMD Phenom II X4 3.0GHz/G. Skill 12GB DDR3 1066Mhz/Crossfire ATI 6850's/3TB HDD

Macbook Pro: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.66GHz/4GB DDR3 1066MHz/Nvidia Geforce 9600M GT 256MB/320GB HDD

Xfire: drpain
Steam: drpain
Live: Ocar
PSN: BillyBananas

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Oct 2010 04:23 #10559 by Kurzuul
Replied by Kurzuul on topic Re: Fallout New Vegas
I'm very interested in this game.

I think the required eating/sleeping/drinking (WATER THOUGH I'M SURE WHISKEY IS COOL TOO) only applies to Realistic Mode. I remember reading that in GI or something.

File Attachment:

Xbox Live: Ceffanus
Steam: korbaut
Windows LIVE: aloysis

[WARNING: THIS POST CONTAINS NO RESEARCH WHATSOEVER AND IS BASICALLY 100% ASSUMPTION.]

More
25 Oct 2010 18:54 #10563 by Lersar
Replied by Lersar on topic Re: Fallout New Vegas
I picked it up on launch and have been loving it. I believe Kurzuul is right, there is a hardcore mode that does require the micro-management of the character. Otherwise, it plays just like FallOut.

I'm actually having a better time with NV. I got stuck a lot in 3, running out of ammo and caps to buy anymore. I haven't come close to that point in NV yet. Then again, it may just be the experience of having played 3 and learning how to better resource that kind of stuff. Its hard to tell.

Either way, I'm having a blast with it.

We have 1244 guests and no members online

supportus