New MW3 Multiplayer Trailer

More
02 Sep 2011 22:36 #19550 by Shibumi
Activision just put a new multiplayer trailer of MW3.

I must say it has further reinforced my disinterest in the entire Call of Duty franchise. I got bored of Black Ops last year in about a week. The only one I put tons of time into was MW2 on xbox, and MW1 on PC.

For obvious reasons I didn't touch MW2 on my PC with a ten foot pole. Anyways... this year I really don't see anything interest at all. The graphics engine is showing its age LIKE WOAH in the video. I think it frankly looks awful and the animation is so stiff, and just awful. They made a ton of perks and what not, but it looks like the same old game. CoD feels like a Madden title every year now.

I'm gonna have a really hard time buying this game now even for my xbox. What do you guys think?

EDIT: Supposedly Activision actually pulled its own video of the trailer. You can still watch the reposts, but I don't know how long they'll stay live. I'm not sure if they pulled the video due to the backlash of negative feedback or because it wasn't supposed to release yet or what. But I do know that most of the trailers out there have about a 50-50 ratio of Likes vs. Dislikes, which is overwhelming to me for a CoD game. They're getting a LOT of flak from the community it seems.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leonresevil2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Sep 2011 22:44 - 02 Sep 2011 22:44 #19551 by jj_Sky5000
WTF is playing caputuring a stiff unrealistic flag have anything to do with warfare!!! Time for a new game and move away from the cod series
Last edit: 02 Sep 2011 22:44 by jj_Sky5000.

More
02 Sep 2011 23:06 #19553 by Brandonxcore
Looks, SICKKKK, Idc if people are hating on Call of Duty, I will be a fan regardless, MW2 is better than Black Ops, IMO. I could care a less, all call of duties are fun.

More
02 Sep 2011 23:19 #19554 by garfi3ld
I enjoy COD because its not realistic. I like that not every shooter has to feel like I am really there.

Having said that, I am still unsure about this one because of the lack of involvement from the original developers. I'm concerned that they will just continue to use what the IW team developed until people just stop buying the game.

Wes

More
02 Sep 2011 23:29 #19555 by Brandonxcore
I think MW3 should be the end of the series, and they change the name, graphics, and make it a sh*t ton better, and more realistic..

More
02 Sep 2011 23:49 #19556 by Wingless92
Have fun with BF3 everyone. I'll be playing this. Just like Wes said I really do like this more because it's not realistic. I do like this more than the Battlefield series but that's my own opinion.

With all the BS that EA is pulling I will stay far away from BF3.

I could careless about graphics on these games. I play them cause they are mindless fun. If I want graphics Crysis or Metro is where it's at.

Nice trailer though.
The following user(s) said Thank You: HaleyM2012

More
03 Sep 2011 00:06 - 03 Sep 2011 00:08 #19557 by Shibumi

garfi3ld wrote: I enjoy COD because its not realistic. I like that not every shooter has to feel like I am really there.

Having said that, I am still unsure about this one because of the lack of involvement from the original developers. I'm concerned that they will just continue to use what the IW team developed until people just stop buying the game.

I agree about the realism part completely. The thing that drew me into CoD4 on PC so well is the arcade action feel it gave me, from the running and gunning to the on the fly kill streaks. I grew up playing my very first FPS as Unreal Tournament. (Doom and Wolf3D don't exactly count, we're talking multiplayer here). I branched out from there into Quake 3 a bit, but I've always had a soft spot for snap-reflex, actiony, fast-paced shooter gameplay. In fact, I'm in love with the BF series not for realism, but for vehicle\infantry dynamics and squadplay.

But, I can only play the same recycled game so many times. Take for instance the I still love UT99 best. 2k3 was awful, 2k4 was getting there, and UT3 was gold except it took them too long to get the formula right again and by that time it was too late for that old gameplay.

Cod4 cameout and it was fresh, fun, and action packed gameplay. MW2 more or less did the same with some needed tweaks and additions. But now I can't just chew up and swallow the exact same thing anymore... It's not so much that I "care" about eye candy or new graphics, I'm just saying the engine is CLEARLY showing its age. It gives me the distinct impression that the developers aren't putting in enough effort. That may or may not be true, only time will tell, but that's the impression I get.

I can make almost the exact same argument about Halo. I'm downright sick of the entire franchise. I loved 1, 2, and enjoyed 3 for the most part. But I wanted to vomit when I played ODST, and I rented Reach for a whole 1 day... I haven't even read a shred of information on Halo 4 because I just don't care.

I want to get that feeling back I had with CoD4, and MW2, but I don't think I'm going to with MW3. They need something fresh, and so far I'm not seeing any good development here.
Last edit: 03 Sep 2011 00:08 by Shibumi.

More
03 Sep 2011 02:41 #19562 by jj_Sky5000
Cod4 was amazing One of teh best fps ever!!!! after that was just a make over of teh same game. They should have quit why there where ahead. and worked on something else.
The following user(s) said Thank You: TownFunk

More
03 Sep 2011 21:29 #19583 by HaleyM2012
I can NOT wait to play this. it looks soooo epic.

STEAM- Haleym2012 [:

We have 1123 guests and one member online

supportus