IW vs Activision

More
02 Mar 2010 20:11 #2284 by Lersar
IW vs Activision was created by Lersar
"The news first hit yesterday afternoon, when G4 reported that IW heads Vince Zampella and Jason West had met with Activision, after which neither were seen from again by staffers and "a bunch of bouncer-types" showed up outside Infinity Ward's offices.

The situation between the developer and publisher had been described as "tense" for some time.

Things got interesting a few hours later, when updates to Jason West's Linkedin page revealed that he had ceased employment at the developer.

And then got really interesting when an SEC filing from earlier in the day revealed that Activision had launched an investigation into some allegedly iffy conduct at Infinity Ward, including "insubordination" and "breaches of contract" that affected "two senior employees" at the studio."

kotaku.com/5483492/scandal-hits-call-of-...%5D?skyline=true&s=i

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Mar 2010 23:18 #2287 by Nacelle
Replied by Nacelle on topic RE: IW vs Activision
Unless this leads to a dedicated server, they can all KMA

More
03 Mar 2010 20:16 #2294 by Lersar
Replied by Lersar on topic Re:IW vs Activision
Basically the outcome of this is so far the two were let go, and Booby Kotick, of Activision, was addressing the employees of Infinity Ward later that day. Apparently the fight was over the future of the Call of Duty series.

More
03 Mar 2010 21:52 #2295 by garfi3ld
Replied by garfi3ld on topic Re:IW vs Activision
because Activision wants to pump out high margin downloadable content. IW wanted to give cod a break and work on a new game. So basically Activision is going to run another good game series into the ground from too much all at once, like they did with the entire music genre.

Wes

More
03 Mar 2010 22:46 #2299 by Dreyvas
Replied by Dreyvas on topic Re:IW vs Activision
Yep, you pretty much hit the nail on the head.

More
03 Mar 2010 22:56 #2300 by garfi3ld
its sad because the COD games from IW have been quality games. The IWnet system used on the most recent was obviously pushed by Activision. The same goes for the music games, ive heard DJ Hero was great. But because of the way they pushed so many games down our throats for so long noone even gave it the time of day.

Wes

More
03 Mar 2010 23:09 #2302 by Tim
Replied by Tim on topic Re:IW vs Activision
I have a feeling these two Chaps from IW will land on their feet. Hell they originally split from EA over creative differences and started IW. Don't worry kids either Vince and Jason will just start another new studio and make better and better shooters like they did ten years ago or they'll just give it up and work for DICE! :)

P.S. STFU about dedicated servers already. DICE has always been willing to accept MW2 deserters. Just let it go...sheesh. :)

~Tim
My mom says I'm cool.

More
04 Mar 2010 00:06 #2304 by garfi3ld
My comment wasn't a complaint about the dedicated servers, more about the issues that iwnet has on the pc.

And yes im sure good things will come out of them leaving

Wes

More
04 Mar 2010 01:04 - 04 Mar 2010 01:31 #2306 by Nacelle
Replied by Nacelle on topic Re:IW vs Activision
STFU? Nice way to make friends. Just because you only used the abbreviation, doesn't mean it's something different than "Shut The F@#$ Up." I don't think we'd be saying that to someone's face.
Last edit: 04 Mar 2010 01:31 by Nacelle.

More
04 Mar 2010 04:20 #2320 by Davey_Boy
Replied by Davey_Boy on topic Re:IW vs Activision
agreed

More
04 Mar 2010 04:52 #2321 by garfi3ld
he may not of put it best, but it is getting old having everyone complain about a game that they havn't tried

I mean that as an overall thing, not really just here

Wes

More
04 Mar 2010 05:30 #2324 by Dreyvas
Yeah, I haven't seen anything posted here about it in a long time.

That having been said, wow. Dice really took advantage of MW2's lack of dedicated servers, Bad Company 2 is everything MW2 couldn't be because of IWNet. This game is going to be huge, the gameplay is amazing. I can't get enough.

More
04 Mar 2010 17:29 - 04 Mar 2010 17:35 #2329 by Tim
Replied by Tim on topic Re:IW vs Activision
Whoa! lol. I didn't mean to offend, I was being cheeky is all. I know it can be hard to understand my Canadian accent sometimes but i do my best.

But while we're on the subject of grudge matches.....Anyone here about the Apple vs. HTC debacle?

~Tim
My mom says I'm cool.
Last edit: 04 Mar 2010 17:35 by Tim.

More
04 Mar 2010 23:44 #2363 by garfi3ld
should be interesting (apple and htc that is)

that also shows that HTC is starting to put a dent in iPhone sales with the Hero/Eris

Wes

More
09 Mar 2010 02:37 #2500 by vialdragon
Replied by vialdragon on topic Re:IW vs Activision
apple and htc does sound interesting.. as for MW2 and dedicated servers. Its not enough to make me stop playing... and there is nothing I can do about it, but every time I see IWNET I get pissed off... that will never change. NEVER! And it will likely force me to just abandon the thought of playing the next game that is developed this way.

If you can't amaze them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.

More
09 Mar 2010 02:40 #2501 by garfi3ld
im glad im not the only one who can hate it but enjoy the game enough to deal with it

Wes

More
09 Mar 2010 02:52 #2504 by MurDerFace
Replied by MurDerFace on topic Re:IW vs Activision
IPHONE IS GOING DOWN I CANT WAIT.....HTC does make neet phones though i messed with touch pro 2 today and it was crazy nice.

Werd up home slice

More
09 Mar 2010 03:51 #2505 by Dreyvas
I was quite tolerant of IWNet when I was playing MW2 actively, but BC2 has honestly been good enough to make me almost completely forget about Modern Warfare 2. Not that it's necessarily a bad game, it's just that Bad Company 2 is that good.

I agree with the sentiment of it being my last purchase of a product that uses IWNet, no matter the franchise.

We have 1554 guests and one member online

supportus