ProSpawn

More
23 Jun 2012 20:31 #25878 by Lersar
ProSpawn was created by Lersar
So I've been working on my little project, creating a website that centralizes the streams and coverage of esports events. I think its to the point of sharing with you guys and being able to speak on its own where I'm going with it. Please check it out, let me know what you think. Keep in mind it still has a bit to go yet.

www.prospawn.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Jun 2012 00:41 #25879 by Wooderson
Replied by Wooderson on topic Re: ProSpawn
The site looks good. I don't know much about RTS or games like LOL, or DOTA since I've never played them. I do find myself watching FPS gameplay video on youtube from time to time. I have been becoming more interested in esports lately. Will you be sending out alerts on Facebook (or the forums) a day or so before a MLG event happens. Also a link where to watch it would be a great help.

I kill CPU's

More
24 Jun 2012 01:04 - 24 Jun 2012 01:07 #25880 by Lersar
Replied by Lersar on topic Re: ProSpawn

Wooderson wrote: The site looks good. I don't know much about RTS or games like LOL, or DOTA since I've never played them. I do find myself watching FPS gameplay video on youtube from time to time. I have been becoming more interested in esports lately. Will you be sending out alerts on Facebook (or the forums) a day or so before a MLG event happens. Also a link where to watch it would be a great help.

Thanks. :)

I'm still trying to decide on how to integrate Facebook. I will probably put out a post with a link to the event on the site, which will then have a link to the stream. Which yes, a link to the stream in addition to a schedule are the main reasons I wanted to create the site, if you click on any link from the front page, through the calender, slider, or via the Events menu, it will take you to a page dedicated to that event, which will have a direct link to the stream, schedule, list of games, etc.

I do have the EVO Championship series page pretty close to complete, so you can check that out to see an example on how eventually every event will look. The stream link in this case is a little unique has an 'official' stream has not be designated, from what I've read the gentleman the link directs to know is not sure if he'll be able to provide coverage or not yet. But, it does give you an idea.
Last edit: 24 Jun 2012 01:07 by Lersar.

More
24 Jun 2012 01:23 #25881 by Shroud
Replied by Shroud on topic Re: ProSpawn
looking good bro! I'll keep a eye out for new stuff.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lersar

More
24 Jun 2012 19:48 - 24 Jun 2012 19:49 #25884 by h4lt
Replied by h4lt on topic Re: ProSpawn
Lookin good! Streams are definitely starting to take off for sure. I like the clean look/feel. May I ask what you used to create the site? I am looking into doing a little webdev as well :)
Last edit: 24 Jun 2012 19:49 by h4lt.

More
24 Jun 2012 21:36 #25885 by Lersar

h4lt wrote: Lookin good! Streams are definitely starting to take off for sure. I like the clean look/feel. May I ask what you used to create the site? I am looking into doing a little webdev as well :)

Thanks! It's Wordpress, using a theme from Themeforest.net called Eventure, which is tailored towards events.

More
25 Jun 2012 00:37 #25886 by L0rdG1gabyt3
Replied by L0rdG1gabyt3 on topic Re: ProSpawn

Lersar wrote: Thanks! It's Wordpress, using a theme from Themeforest.net called Eventure, which is tailored towards events.

Envato network FTW!

More
25 Jun 2012 16:31 #25889 by Lersar
Well, some bitter-sweet news while talking with a few folks about the site. I couldn't manage to find anything when I Googled for such an idea, but websites do already exist that track esports. Not that I thought I was the first to come up with this idea, but I had hoped that the lack of results indicated lack of updates/quality. There are quite a few that do it well however. For instance,

esportcalendar.com/

I personally prefer the UI of ProSpawn more, but the functionality of esportcalendar is far, far superb, and has quite a loyal user base updating. So in a way its a bummer, I'm going to brainstorm and see if I can come up with anything unique to offer, but all in all I'm happy to have found the resource, which is what I wanted all along. :laugh:

More
25 Jun 2012 17:50 #25890 by Twodavez
Replied by Twodavez on topic Re: ProSpawn
What a great idea! ha ha

Hey, nothing wrong with a little friendly competition, and it sounds like you're thinking of ways to distuguish yourself apart from the other guy. There's always better ways of doing things, just keep thinking outside the box and establish contacts in the industry, who knows where it could lead!

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
26 Jun 2012 00:40 #25901 by Shroud
Replied by Shroud on topic Re: ProSpawn
I personally like your set up better and the fact that you have more than LoL and Starcrap.

More
26 Jun 2012 00:50 #25902 by garfi3ld
Replied by garfi3ld on topic Re: ProSpawn
I like that you have more games, limiting it to LoL and SC2 is very boring.

I would love to see your site have things listed out by the hour. Even better for me would be mixing ALL of the different games. I would like to be able to look and see that there are 2 different streams playing right now at almost 5pm on Monday.

Wes

We have 2395 guests and no members online

supportus