CS:GO Autoexec & Buyscript

More
24 Aug 2012 06:48 - 24 Aug 2012 06:56 #27475 by Deb0
Because I haven't seen any here and I absolutely hate the buy menu in CS:GO I'll go ahead and drop my buyscript for everyone's perusal. As it is right now, it uses the number pad to not interfere with any voting. It is fully customizable with alias already set for every gun in the game along with various grenade group presets.

Installation is easy. The buyscript goes into "...\Steam\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Global Offensive\csgo\cfg" simply put the line "exec buyscript.cfg" in your autoexec.cfg file.

If you do not have an autoexec.cfg simply create one and place it in the same folder.

tinyurl.com/d986aah
Last edit: 24 Aug 2012 06:56 by Deb0.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Aug 2012 07:24 #27477 by garfi3ld
Replied by garfi3ld on topic CS:GO Autoexec & Buyscript
I actually just picked this up today. I may play some this weekend

Wes

More
24 Aug 2012 16:11 #27481 by Myndmelt
Replied by Myndmelt on topic CS:GO Autoexec & Buyscript
So what will the script do exactly?

More
24 Aug 2012 16:17 #27483 by Twodavez
Replied by Twodavez on topic CS:GO Autoexec & Buyscript
I'll let the creator tell you about the script, but basically it auto buys based upon your preferences when you hit a certian button, it's like a macro that hits "B - 1 - 2- 4 - B - B - 1 - 4" So B opens the buy menu, 1 is for hand guns, 2 is for semi automatic and 4 is a specific weapon. B closes, then B opens and 3 is armor 2 is for body armor and so on...
Some keyboards will have a built in editor, otherwise you'd have to use the one in game....

On a side note, is CS:GO going to be the new CS:S? Basically do i need to pick it up for the LAN? i'd much rather play TF2 than CS, it's just more my play style, but if everyone's going to be in CS:GO, for $15, it's at least something that isn't going to break the bank to be a part of the LAN party!
Most things i've read say it's "OK" or "Meh", but for $15 worth picking up. I just wanted to know what everyone else thought.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
24 Aug 2012 16:32 #27485 by Myndmelt
Unless its changed from the beta, you open the buy menu and you see a list of gun and equipment types and you just click on the menus and select what you want. Or you can do an autobuy. What exactly is bad or difficult about that? I guess I don't get because that's similar to how MW works as well as many other games.

More
24 Aug 2012 18:37 #27495 by Dreyvas
Replied by Dreyvas on topic CS:GO Autoexec & Buyscript
Macros just let you quickly buy exact setups for certain situations as opposed to autobuy which gives you whatever it thinks is best. I can't speak for anyone else, but I for one will be playing the hell out of CS:GO at the LAN. It's awesome.

More
24 Aug 2012 21:26 - 24 Aug 2012 21:27 #27502 by Arxon
Replied by Arxon on topic CS:GO Autoexec & Buyscript
It isn't showing as beta for me anymore

Edit: Release Date: Aug 21, 2012
Last edit: 24 Aug 2012 21:27 by Arxon.

More
24 Aug 2012 21:31 #27503 by garfi3ld
Replied by garfi3ld on topic CS:GO Autoexec & Buyscript
because its not :-P

Wes

More
24 Aug 2012 22:35 #27505 by Deb0
Replied by Deb0 on topic CS:GO Autoexec & Buyscript
In CS you typically have 6-10 seconds to buy your equipment before the round is active. Any time you can cut out of buying in order to get to where you want to go is paramount. To assist in this there is an autobuy function that you can set gun preferences to and a rebuy function as well. However, these buttons are placed on keys that server votes typically use for votes forcing you to be unable to buy at times. You can remap these keys elsewhere with an autoexec file but still you will only buy guns on a preference list that you can afford. A buyscript allows you to set a gun group you can purchase with one key press on call.

The script, as it is, buys gear in preset groups. Hitting "1" on the numpad will buy your defuse kit(if you are CT), armor (either vest with helmet or vest if you can afford that) and a preset group of 3 nades (a Flashbang, HE and Decoy). Comparatively hitting "5" on the numpad will buy your assault rifle (M4A4 or AK47 depending on faction) as well as all of the previous equipment needs and nade set.

The script is set up now for my own personal preferences but is coded and commented to be user friendly and allow modifications with only minimal knowledge of CS config files. I was considering putting up my autoexec for for people as well but I think most of those settings are personal preference. Still if anyone wants to have a look let me know.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dreyvas

More
24 Aug 2012 23:34 #27506 by Myndmelt

mem0man wrote: In CS you typically have 6-10 seconds to buy your equipment before the round is active. Any time you can cut out of buying in order to get to where you want to go is paramount.

Thats a good point. I getcha. I will try this out if I can figure out how it works ha. :woohoo:

More
25 Aug 2012 02:05 #27507 by Arxon
Replied by Arxon on topic CS:GO Autoexec & Buyscript
if you wanna play let me know

We have 2365 guests and no members online

supportus