Grim Dawn: TQ successor destined for LanOC 10~?

More
15 Mar 2010 03:54 #2654 by Leonresevil2
www.grimdawn.com/index.php

Grim Dawn, from the developers of Titan Quest. From the ashes of the closed Iron Lore studio, Grim Dawn has become something quite interesting: developed for fans, not the masses (mind you, this is ARPG like Diablo, so it's not hard); aimed for direct distribution, maybe Steam; no DRM; guaranteed LAN support; $20 intro price; development screenshots and demos; $30 and $40 versions get your name in the credits along with way early access (beta and alpha, respectively); Victorian Era alternative universe??; and goals of redefining the genre. I am personally quite excited for this, and I plan to buy an advanced copy soon. If you have played TQ, you will probably agree with me that it is pretty awesome. This new game plans to beat TQ, taking in years of feedback from fan forums, and a built-up version of the Iron Lore game engine.

As things are heading, I think think this would be a great game for the LAN (great price, easy to get, available on steam most likely but wont require steam, built from a good LAN ARPG), and I would like to get some interest going for it ahead of time. The devs are a group of around 6 guys I think, and they do listen and talk to people posting on the forums there. They know what we gamers want (blood and zombies lol) and what we do (hack to get infinite storage), and I truly think that the company will come through and create an amazing game. I paid a total of $80 for TQ (with expansion), and it irked me to see the gold package for $20 (and eventually $6?), but TQ is definitely worth the money, and GD will offer up a great amount for the price. Keep an eye on it.

"You should the forums"
Better words never said.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Mar 2010 04:23 #2659 by Lersar
Definitely interested in this

More
15 Mar 2010 05:02 #2663 by Leonresevil2
Sweet. Oh, and in case the title didn't indicate, the game is not out, nor soon to be. Some say it will beat Diablo 3 to release date, some say it will be after. But everyone agrees that releasing right around D3 would KILL sales, so depending on when D3 gets the green flag, I would say sooner, rather than later, but likely before 2012 (hence LanOC 10; I think I counted that up right).

If I get the Legendary edition with alpha access, I may have some epic loot and uber characters. It would be nice to have some fellow lanners in that kind of situation, to do some legendary/nightmare/hardcore/whatever high-end gameplay for it. But I'd be fine with starting a fresh character for a LAN. May have some custom maps and quests, too. And I don't hack or cheat, so yea. Should be rightfully awesome.

"You should the forums"
Better words never said.

More
15 Mar 2010 14:32 #2669 by Lersar
Leonresevil2 wrote:

depending on when D3 gets the green flag

That's likely to be a while the way things are going lol

More
15 Mar 2010 19:34 #2679 by NitrosDragon
Would be fun to have a competition at a lan where teams of characters start fresh characters and run from there. I'm totally down for a $20 game, especially if it has good multiplayer.

Thanks for bringing this up, Leon, I'll keep an eye on this.

[nahy-trohs-drag-uhn]
DISCLAIMER: If my reply offends you, I probably did it on purpose

We have 1260 guests and one member online

supportus