Battlefield Bad Company 2 users

More
22 Mar 2010 13:48 #2843 by Twodavez
I'd like to get a list of members who have purchased BC2 so that i can add them as friends. I need more Dogtags (item recieved when you kill somoene with your knife). Plus it's so much faster joining a friends game, than to wait for the server list to load.
I'm twodavez

Also, had LAN OC thought of starting a Ventrillo (Vent) server? I don't think they are very expensive and they are very helpful when in games like BC2 that don't have good voice chat available.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Mar 2010 14:25 #2845 by Wingless92
Yea, Vent is a life saver. I would be willing to throw in $5 for the fee. Battlefield is a great game online. Had a bunch of fun last night with it.

More
22 Mar 2010 15:16 #2851 by Dreyvas
If you're in need of my dog tags, you'll have to come take them, haha. Good luck. ;)

As far as Vent, for as sporadically as it might be used, I'm not sure if it would be a good way to spend money. A few friends and I use Skype to great results.

More
22 Mar 2010 16:06 #2857 by NitrosDragon
Does anyone here use Xfire for voice chat?
I have an account but I rarely ever sign on anymore.
I pretty much lost my use for it when Steam came along.

[nahy-trohs-drag-uhn]
DISCLAIMER: If my reply offends you, I probably did it on purpose

More
22 Mar 2010 16:07 #2858 by Nacelle
My friends list disappeared. I've had a heck of a time getting it back. It took several tries just to get Vulture back on it. I know I added twodavez, jj, and garfi3ld several times in the last couple days. I've yet to see them show up yet.

More
22 Mar 2010 16:15 #2860 by Twodavez
Nacelle wrote:

My friends list disappeared. I've had a heck of a time getting it back. It took several tries just to get Vulture back on it. I know I added twodavez, jj, and garfi3ld several times in the last couple days. I've yet to see them show up yet.

You're still on my friends list, at least as of last night... I know Wingless added me and it didn't show up yet. I wondering how long it takes to connect and work right.

And i guess i'm a noob when it comes to VOIP talk systems. Vent is what i used in WOW and that's all i've known. I thought Skype cost money and i've never heard of Xfire...
Teach me!

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
22 Mar 2010 16:25 #2861 by NitrosDragon
I've never used Vent, but I think I might have tried it once...maybe.

Skype is free, but I think you can sign up as well and make long distance calls though it for a price. Skype-to-skype calls are free, though. I've used it, and it typically has a very good connection.

Xfire is like Steam, but without the ability to buy games. Just the chat, server lists, updates, and some other minor tools.

[nahy-trohs-drag-uhn]

More
22 Mar 2010 16:57 #2862 by Lersar
NitrosDragon wrote:

I've never used Vent, but I think I might have tried it once...maybe.

Skype is free, but I think you can sign up as well and make long distance calls though it for a price. Skype-to-skype calls are free, though. I've used it, and it typically has a very good connection.

Xfire is like Steam, but without the ability to buy games. Just the chat, server lists, updates, and some other minor tools.

I think Xfire does have a store of its own too

More
22 Mar 2010 17:05 #2863 by Twodavez
Is Xfire and Skype something you can only do between 2 people, or can you invite a bunch of people in the same room to chat as a team? I'd be interested in trying one of them out so that we could take about BC2 since there is no in game chat (yet?).
Maybe I should've created a new thread for this topic as i don't think anyone is commenting on their usernames for BC2, which is what i wanted :unsure:

More
22 Mar 2010 18:58 - 22 Mar 2010 18:58 #2865 by Dreyvas
You can create conference calls in Skype, call quality is generally very clear.

You can also do group voice chats in Steam and Xfire, but they kind of suck for voice. The call quality has been fairly poor in my experience.

Vent is great, but it costs money to rent a server. It's generally used for big clans that have a large amount of people that constantly need a live voice feed. For situations like ours where we'd probably have less than 10 people max during the few periods we do use voice, the free options would be preferable.

I mean, unless somebody just wants to rent a Vent for us. In that case, go for it! :D

I also heard Mumble is an up-and-coming server-based voice application that is superior to Vent in most ways, you may want to check that out as well.
Last edit: 22 Mar 2010 18:58 by Dreyvas.

More
22 Mar 2010 19:24 #2867 by NitrosDragon
Lersar wrote:

I think Xfire does have a store of its own too

I was unaware. Like I said, haven't been on in a while. Would be interesting to see how they compare to Steam (that is if you're right).

[nahy-trohs-drag-uhn]

More
22 Mar 2010 19:55 #2871 by Lersar
us.xfirestore.com/

Don't know how they compare to Steam, but I've at least never seen them pull anywhere near the deals that Valve does.

More
22 Mar 2010 21:12 #2875 by Wingless92
I agree, the hosting for Vent is not cheap.

I am installing Skype now. That would be the best for us, it's free to use and it's very clear.

Wingless92 is my Skype name.

More
22 Mar 2010 21:14 #2876 by Dreyvas
Sweet, I'll shoot you an add. Add me on BC2, my soldier name is just Dreyvas.

More
23 Mar 2010 01:18 #2884 by Koolaid84
just got BC2 :D im so excited!!

Enjoy life. There's plenty of time to be dead. --Anon

More
23 Mar 2010 04:04 #2885 by Dreyvas
Awesome!

More
23 Mar 2010 04:07 #2886 by Koolaid84
my soldiers name is koolaid84 :)

Enjoy life. There's plenty of time to be dead. --Anon

More
24 Mar 2010 16:06 #2893 by jj_Sky5000
I am JJ_sky5000 I am diggin the Rush Maps

More
05 Apr 2010 20:07 #3347 by Tiffany
BC2 name : +tiffany+

We have 1066 guests and one member online

supportus