StarCraft2 $60

More
08 Apr 2010 22:33 #3564 by vialdragon
StarCraft2 $60 was created by vialdragon
SC2 is slated to be released for the new standard price of $60.
I blame this on 8bitGeek. :P Aside from placing blame, will this sway your thoughts of getting the game the day it comes out?

I would normally say yes and boycott it but this is Blizzard. I know its no small price to make a game, but maybe they plan on keeping with the trend and we will all be paying $70 for Heart of the Swarm

If you can't amaze them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Apr 2010 22:37 #3565 by Dreyvas
Replied by Dreyvas on topic Re:StarCraft2 $60
I'm down with $60 as long as it's free to play on battle.net.

More
08 Apr 2010 22:47 #3566 by garfi3ld
Replied by garfi3ld on topic Re:StarCraft2 $60
I think 60 is to be expected. The cost to make games has gone up, they do run a business. I know they want to make money also.

Plus, most of us have no problem spending $1000's to build or upgrade our pc's just to play these games. What is 10 bucks compared too the $300 that you are going to spend on a video card to play the game smoother?

Wes

More
08 Apr 2010 23:22 #3571 by Lersar
Replied by Lersar on topic Re:StarCraft2 $60
Is this just a coincidence that I posted another SC2 topic today?

Anyway, as I said it in, StarCraft 2 is actually a trilogy with each race getting its own that will feature their storyline. Though each will come with full mutliplayer experience, it will cost $180 dollars to but all three if retail is $60.

www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3170574

More
08 Apr 2010 23:32 #3577 by Lersar
Replied by Lersar on topic Re:StarCraft2 $60
Also a little more on the potential DRM for SC2:

"An initial activation check-in is required, which we also have been mentioning since BlizzCon and even before that. The campaign and other solo aspects of the game are still playable offline after your initial activation."

kotaku.com/5512576/does-starcraft-ii-req...-internet-connection

More
12 Apr 2010 20:17 #3697 by Leonresevil2
Replied by Leonresevil2 on topic Re:StarCraft2 $60
I'll probably wait. I haven't been that interested in the game, since Ghost was canceled, and the game became 3 games. And they want to build their own version of Steam or XBL.
Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if they are planning a $15 map pack or something like it. If they are actually including a full-fledged map designer like SC1, I'll be pleasantly surprised. But, as ALL Blizzard games have done, wait long enough, and they will release a big package for a small discount. SC2 Warchest FTW!

"You should the forums"
Better words never said.

More
12 Apr 2010 21:14 - 12 Apr 2010 21:15 #3700 by vialdragon
Replied by vialdragon on topic Re:StarCraft2 $60
I may not play if it has no actual lan capability's. I buy a lot of games on impulse ( NOT the impulse that you need to launch Demigods ). I actually get frustrated when I research most games. So if there is no true lan capability's to the game I will be boycotting until someone tells me its the best game ever and they know I could no longer live life as I know it without playing this game.

EDIT : from here on out this will be true for all multiplayer games for me.

If you can't amaze them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.
Last edit: 12 Apr 2010 21:15 by vialdragon.

More
12 Apr 2010 22:03 #3702 by garfi3ld
Replied by garfi3ld on topic Re:StarCraft2 $60
looks like you are finally tired of the move away from lan'able games. Your not the only one, but I doubt they will ever listen

Wes

More
13 Apr 2010 04:18 #3726 by Daveyo
Replied by Daveyo on topic Re:StarCraft2 $60
i think they will see a hit from this. I mean 1 person was playing the game at stompfest that i saw. Not sure the reasoning behind this, because if you play the game online at home, you will be the one who owns all the people at the lan party who just play it at lans for free.

More
13 Apr 2010 04:31 - 13 Apr 2010 04:31 #3728 by Dreyvas
Replied by Dreyvas on topic Re:StarCraft2 $60
The fact that the game is in a very limited beta might have something to do with that.
Last edit: 13 Apr 2010 04:31 by Dreyvas.

We have 1215 guests and one member online

supportus