Red Faction: Guerrilla?

More
24 Apr 2010 00:33 #4665 by Leonresevil2
Kelf and I were discussing Red Faction: Guerrilla a bit ago, since he picked it up for PC. He loves it, and I liked what I demoed of it, and we discussed doing multiplayer sometime. I wondered, does anyone else have the game? Tried out LAN, if it's supported? Single-player seemed pretty fun, but I don't know how the online goes.

"You should the forums"
Better words never said.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Apr 2010 00:35 - 24 Apr 2010 00:36 #4666 by garfi3ld
Replied by garfi3ld on topic Re:Red Faction: Guerrilla?
its down on the bottom of the page lol

No I havn't played it, but I am interested in hearing how it is

Wes
Last edit: 24 Apr 2010 00:36 by garfi3ld.

More
24 Apr 2010 00:39 #4667 by Leonresevil2
I noticed the advertisement, and I've looked at it and gave it some consideration (some Newegg reviews of the case make me hesitate), but I wondered if anyone actually bought the game. I intend to purchase it, but I wanted to know if there would be anyone else that plays/has played the game and would be up for multiplayer sometime.

"You should the forums"
Better words never said.

More
24 Apr 2010 02:01 #4677 by Nacelle
Replied by Nacelle on topic Re:Red Faction: Guerrilla?
I have it. I tried a couple times online multiplayer. I think it would have been more fun had the maps I played not been so lame. It could be fun with a smaller crowd, where you're not dying so fast.

More
24 Apr 2010 03:12 #4679 by technobear
i was a huge fan of the first two but when they took this one to third person i was ruined on the concept.

More
24 Apr 2010 18:30 #4715 by Leonresevil2
technobear wrote:

i was a huge fan of the first two but when they took this one to third person i was ruined on the concept.

Third person is different, but this game seems more concentrated on destructible environments and action sequences. It's (take it as good or bad) more like GTA, less like a shooter. I personally loved the first one (would be interesting for multiplayer on PC I think), but I didn't find the second one to be as interesting or engaging.

"You should the forums"
Better words never said.

More
25 Apr 2010 04:21 #4742 by technobear
i played tons and tons of multiplayer on the first one! it was one of my favorites in the era of Delta force and such..

More
25 Apr 2010 22:00 #4773 by Leonresevil2
technobear wrote:

i played tons and tons of multiplayer on the first one! it was one of my favorites in the era of Delta force and such..

Do you happen to still have it? I haven't seen disc copies of it for a long time, but that would be nice. Especially if registering is optional. B)

"You should the forums"
Better words never said.

More
25 Apr 2010 22:25 #4777 by technobear
wow ill have to hit the archives.. give me some time to pull out my disk albums.. but i cant imagein id throw that one away.

More
25 Apr 2010 22:50 #4784 by Leonresevil2
Lol cool. Yea, I've bought and sold, bought and sold, then bought Red Faction again on PS2 (for a total of 3 times), it's something that should be kept (but PS2 didn't have multiplayer for it outside split-screen). I've always wondered how RF would be for a LAN on PC.

"You should the forums"
Better words never said.

More
25 Apr 2010 22:55 #4786 by technobear
Its a hoot! being able to tunnel through walls with rockets to surprise soemone. its great. on todays machines itll be WAY dated though.. might take some work to get it to run.

and i couldnt find the disk so i probably loaned it to someone. let me ask aroudn teh FWG guys and see if anyone still has the image.

More
25 Apr 2010 23:17 - 25 Apr 2010 23:21 #4793 by Leonresevil2
Ok. Maybe someone has done an alternate to improve the graphics for multiplayer. A mod or something. I know it doesn't look too great on PS2 now, but I was thinking PC had a bit more graphics.
PureFaction may help. Website is super-badly scripted, but looks ok.

And it sounds like Red Faction 2 had no online play on PC, just bots??! Who does that?!

"You should the forums"
Better words never said.
Last edit: 25 Apr 2010 23:21 by Leonresevil2.

More
25 Apr 2010 23:19 #4794 by technobear
I think i remember purefaction from back in teh day. I think it was very useful then mostly for its ability to download maps for you. at the time it was a pain in the postboot to get them working right.

More
25 Apr 2010 23:30 #4796 by Leonresevil2
Well, since RF2 has no online, 1 or Guerrilla would be good. There is probably a mod to put the game into 1st person, but I haven't looked too deep. Guerrilla does seem to be more arcade-like and intense, but it is quite fun. Light on story, but more into destruction and action.

"You should the forums"
Better words never said.

More
25 Apr 2010 23:43 #4805 by technobear
Gorilla was made mostly for consoles unlike the first two.. Thats probably why its made more for 3rd person.. I havent heard of any mods that make it 1st but thats not saying they havent made any recently.

More
26 Apr 2010 00:21 #4840 by Leonresevil2
It sounded like the developers chose 3rd person so it would give players a better sense of the destruction.

A 1st person mod would seem relatively easy, just changing the camera position and zoom amounts. I'm surprised it's not a built-in option or bonus feature.

"You should the forums"
Better words never said.

More
26 Apr 2010 01:33 #4851 by technobear

More
26 Apr 2010 05:30 #4861 by Tim
Replied by Tim on topic Re:Red Faction: Guerrilla?
I played Red Faction on PS3 so take what I have to say with a grain of salt but I really enjoyed it.

Ok, to be fair I got bored with the story but blowing things up never gets old. I loved the multiplayer and had some of the most unique experiences I've had in a long time. Although I did feel that most people playing didn't quite understand the gametypes or how they were to be played.

All in all I had fun and probably would have played more if other stuff hadn't come up.

~Tim
My mom says I'm cool.

More
26 Apr 2010 13:33 #4863 by drpain
Replied by drpain on topic Re:Red Faction: Guerrilla?
I bought this game awhile ago and I don't think the multiplayer is still alive for the PC. I do know it has your generic game modes like CTF, TDM and normal DM. If memory servers me right it does have a LAN option but can't quite recall seeing it or not.

Custom Built: AMD Phenom II X4 3.0GHz/G. Skill 12GB DDR3 1066Mhz/Crossfire ATI 6850's/3TB HDD

Macbook Pro: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.66GHz/4GB DDR3 1066MHz/Nvidia Geforce 9600M GT 256MB/320GB HDD

Xfire: drpain
Steam: drpain
Live: Ocar
PSN: BillyBananas

We have 1199 guests and one member online

supportus