What's everyone been playing?

More
06 Jul 2010 04:10 #6945 by Lersar
Been quiet around here, I'm sure you guys have made some good use of the holidays and got some gaming time in. Anyone pick up some good (or bad) titles during the Steam sale?

The LanOCrew is reviewing Lead and Gold, we played that the other night and I'm pretty impressed with it. It's an objective-based over the shoulder shooter based in the Western setting. Different classes to chose from, and you begin at level 1 each game and experience based on your performance, so it'd be a strong LAN title. Don't want to say too much, save a little for the review. :D

Went back to Killing Floor for a bit after playing it with some who picked it up on the Steam sale. Of course a little Modern Warfare 2, and this whole thing with the golden wrench in TF2 got me pulled back in, which I've missed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Jul 2010 11:01 - 06 Jul 2010 11:05 #6947 by Nacelle
I picked up several games. Both Serioius Sam HD's, Bionic Commando and BC: Rearmed, Dogfighter, Ghostbusters, and Gratuitous Space Battles. I put a few hours into Bionic Commando. It deserves a better score than it got. It's a lot of fun to swing around like spider man and killing everything. Gratuitous Space Battles has to be my favorite. You spec out your ships with weapons, shields, engines, and other gear; place them on the map, give them orders, and watch them go at it with the enemy. All you have to do after that is lean back and watch. You get more honor points the less money and ships you use to beat a certain fleet of enemies. You're constantly thinking, well what if I used this gun or shield instead. Maybe I could have won that with a couple less ships. So you make your modifications and set the battle going again. There are times it's frustrating because they don't do what you order them to do correctly. I've already put 11 hours into it.
Last edit: 06 Jul 2010 11:05 by Nacelle.

More
06 Jul 2010 17:41 #6950 by drpain
I picked up a lot of games over the sale period most notably Left 4 Dead 2, Borderlands and the DLC, Tropico 3 Expansion, Beat Hazard and Mass Effect 2.

Also re-subbed Star Wars Galaxies which I have also been playing quite a lot actually and I'm sort of enjoying again even though SOE pretty much ruined the game in the past.

Custom Built: AMD Phenom II X4 3.0GHz/G. Skill 12GB DDR3 1066Mhz/Crossfire ATI 6850's/3TB HDD

Macbook Pro: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.66GHz/4GB DDR3 1066MHz/Nvidia Geforce 9600M GT 256MB/320GB HDD

Xfire: drpain
Steam: drpain
Live: Ocar
PSN: BillyBananas

More
07 Jul 2010 20:42 #6963 by Kurzuul
I boughted Dirt 2 and I am having fun.

FUN.

FUNNNNNNNUH.

It's not as realistic as Richard Burns Rally, but arcade feel isn't necessarily a bad thing.

FUNNNNNNNNUH.

I especially love it when the AI drivers smack-talk each other.

File Attachment:

Xbox Live: Ceffanus
Steam: korbaut
Windows LIVE: aloysis

[WARNING: THIS POST CONTAINS NO RESEARCH WHATSOEVER AND IS BASICALLY 100% ASSUMPTION.]

More
07 Jul 2010 23:42 #6966 by Twodavez
I've been playing everyone's favorite game - LIFE! Working overtime and putting in about 9 hours a day, then coming home and being Daddy all while trying to get away to the Gym to train for this Half Marathon has been taking up my time.
Got to play a little BC2 on monday on my day off and even got to see the new TF2 menus (yes, it's been that long since i've played)
I know i'm looking forward to the next big LANOC event in Sept as it's the only time i can game for 8 hours with out having to change a diaper or burp the baby :kiss:
Overall life is good though! B)

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
08 Jul 2010 02:40 #6969 by Wingless92
Got my second character in WoW to 80 so i'm happy. Just picked up Super Paper Mario, Mario Galaxy 1 & 2, Lego Batman, Indiana Jones and Harry Potter. Also payed off my Starcraft 2 Collectors Edition.

Picked up the DLC for Borderlands, Half Life 2 all 3 of them. Been super busy at work too.

Just ordered some CAT 6 cable to re-run all my ethernet cabling in the theater. Going to pick up a new desk also, need more room. Looking at a stand to mount my 3 monitors on so I can get them off of the desk.

I'll try and post pics when I get it done.

Also, if anyone is looking for a Diamond 5870 mine is for sale. Gonna pick up one of these

The God of GPU's

More
08 Jul 2010 14:14 #6974 by Dreyvas
Finished my second playthrough of Half-Life 2 on hard. Going to go through Episode One again and finally finish Episode Two. After that, it's off to finish the million games I just bought during the Steam sale, probably starting with Fallout 3 GOTY and Mass Effect. I'm behind the times, I know. :laugh:

We have 1488 guests and no members online

supportus