Medal of Honor LE to include Battlefield 3 Beta

More
04 Aug 2010 15:18 #7773 by drpain
Well EA/DICE announced last week that the upcoming Medal of Honor will have Battlefield 3 Beta access to those who purchased the LE version.

www.neoseeker.com/news/14478-medal-of-ho...likely-pc-exclusive/

Sad news is that it is being developed for the consoles as well but DICE said they are leaving DX9 out of the PC version so I'm not sure if they are doing it like they did with Battlefield 2 where the console versions were vastly different the PC version.

They say the PC version is being built on Frostbite 2 with DX11 and 64-bit in mind so all you slow pokes on XP and DX9 are being left out. Finally a true Battlefield experience unlike Bad Company 2 which to me felt still like a console-centric game but with added on PC features.

www.neoseeker.com/news/14478-medal-of-ho...likely-pc-exclusive/

Custom Built: AMD Phenom II X4 3.0GHz/G. Skill 12GB DDR3 1066Mhz/Crossfire ATI 6850's/3TB HDD

Macbook Pro: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.66GHz/4GB DDR3 1066MHz/Nvidia Geforce 9600M GT 256MB/320GB HDD

Xfire: drpain
Steam: drpain
Live: Ocar
PSN: BillyBananas

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Aug 2010 16:40 #7774 by Nacelle
I've heard not so good things about MoH. Not buying it until I hear otherwise.

More
04 Aug 2010 17:58 #7775 by drpain
Yeah I've heard the same but to bundle Battlefield 3 Beta with you know a ton are going to be sold just for the beta alone much like Crackdown was basically there to push Halo 3 beta on the 360. Game sucked ass but the beta was pretty sweet.

Custom Built: AMD Phenom II X4 3.0GHz/G. Skill 12GB DDR3 1066Mhz/Crossfire ATI 6850's/3TB HDD

Macbook Pro: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.66GHz/4GB DDR3 1066MHz/Nvidia Geforce 9600M GT 256MB/320GB HDD

More
04 Aug 2010 18:14 #7776 by Dreyvas
You kidding? I've heard nothing but good things about Crackdown, still planning on picking it up sometime.

www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbox360/crackdown

More
04 Aug 2010 18:25 #7777 by Kurzuul
drpain wrote:

Yeah I've heard the same but to bundle Battlefield 3 Beta with you know a ton are going to be sold just for the beta alone much like Crackdown was basically there to push Halo 3 beta on the 360. Game sucked ass but the beta was pretty sweet.

WTF Crackdown was awesome. Crackdown 2... not so much.

File Attachment:

Xbox Live: Ceffanus
Steam: korbaut
Windows LIVE: aloysis

[WARNING: THIS POST CONTAINS NO RESEARCH WHATSOEVER AND IS BASICALLY 100% ASSUMPTION.]

More
04 Aug 2010 20:03 #7780 by drpain
Yeah I didn't like it just seemed repetitive after awhile, wonky targeting, story is pretty meh and it came down to just blowing things up and super jumping rooftops kind of like Prototype. Kind of like a Michael Bay film all fluff and no stuff but hey everybody has different tastes.

More
05 Aug 2010 20:58 #7809 by Twodavez
Well i'd just like to point out that if people buy the game just for the Beta (which they'll be able to track because no one will be playing MOE, but will be in the Beta) they will continue to use this ploy to sell other lesser titles, or things that are getting bad reviews. Remember your money votes for everything we get. If we keep supporting games for the wrong reasons, the company doesn't care, all they know is that they got your money. Which is sadly what most of the companies care about anymore :dry:

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
06 Aug 2010 16:21 #7830 by drpain
Twodavez wrote:

Well i'd just like to point out that if people buy the game just for the Beta (which they'll be able to track because no one will be playing MOE, but will be in the Beta) they will continue to use this ploy to sell other lesser titles, or things that are getting bad reviews. Remember your money votes for everything we get. If we keep supporting games for the wrong reasons, the company doesn't care, all they know is that they got your money. Which is sadly what most of the companies care about anymore :dry:

Exactly and a lot of people blasted Crackdown because they used a not so great title to push Halo 3 Beta which of course it sold like hotcakes.

More
06 Aug 2010 17:09 #7832 by Dreyvas
drpain wrote:

Twodavez wrote:

Exactly and a lot of people blasted Crackdown because they used a not so great title to push Halo 3 Beta which of course it sold like hotcakes.

Just to play devil's advocate, what game would it have taken to stop people complaining about it as a pack-in? COD4? GTAIV? Like I said, I don't understand the Crackdown hatred. No, it wasn't an AAA title, but it did generally have good review scores across the board.

Also, Twodavez, supporting games for the "wrong reasons" is a lot better than just pirating everything and not supporting them at all. I'm pretty sure nobody but the most hardcore would buy the new MOH just to get the Battlefield 3 beta. It's a $60 title. If they are, in fact, willing to go to those lengths, more power to them. It's no skin off your nose. That means more game sales and money coming into the industry, which means they'll be able to make more games (even ones you might like, imagine that!) in the future.

More
06 Aug 2010 17:47 #7833 by Lersar
Dreyvas wrote:

drpain wrote:

Twodavez wrote:

Just to play devil's advocate, what game would it have taken to stop people complaining about it as a pack-in? COD4? GTAIV? Like I said, I don't understand the Crackdown hatred. No, it wasn't an AAA title, but it did generally have good review scores across the board.

Also, Twodavez, supporting games for the "wrong reasons" is a lot better than just pirating everything and not supporting them at all. I'm pretty sure nobody but the most hardcore would buy the new MOH just to get the Battlefield 3 beta. It's a $60 title. If they are, in fact, willing to go to those lengths, more power to them. It's no skin off your nose. That means more game sales and money coming into the industry, which means they'll be able to make more games (even ones you might like, imagine that!) in the future.

I'd have to agree, I'm tired of seeing good developmental teams getting let go. When some of the leading companies in the industry with AAA titles are laying off employees, you can't blame them for trying to justify a full MSRP purchase.

More
06 Aug 2010 18:18 #7834 by drpain
I just don't like the "pack in" idea regardless if it was Crackdown, COD4 or GTA4. I would like to see beta's either exclusive where you sign up and are chosen to play or something like how they do it on File Planet where you have a certain day at a certain time to be able to get a beta key.

To me a beta is some what a privilege that you get from the devs and to try a new game even though it is beta before anyone else can not paying 60 bucks to test for them it just seems wrong. I don't know just how I feel about it I guess.

More
06 Aug 2010 18:42 #7835 by Lersar
drpain wrote:

I just don't like the "pack in" idea regardless if it was Crackdown, COD4 or GTA4. I would like to see beta's either exclusive where you sign up and are chosen to play or something like how they do it on File Planet where you have a certain day at a certain time to be able to get a beta key.

To me a beta is some what a privilege that you get from the devs and to try a new game even though it is beta before anyone else can not paying 60 bucks to test for them it just seems wrong. I don't know just how I feel about it I guess.

I don't know if I'd go as far to say that the only reason they decided to package the beta with MoH is because it's going to be a bad game though. You get beta access for purchasing the limited edition, which every first-production copy is LE. So as a reward, or privilege if you will, from the developers, you get access into the beta. Whether or not you decide to pay $60 even if you think it's bad just to get the beta access is more of a personal issue.

If anything, I think the words 'beta' and 'demo' have been mixed too much in the industry recently. But thats another topic entirely.

More
06 Aug 2010 20:59 #7837 by Twodavez
I don't have a problem with a company trying to make money, i'm just not a fan of what they did with COD MW2 with releasing a full MSRP price and then a short time latel release the new map packs for a additional fee. No you do'nt have to buy them, but it seems silly not to when you've already sunk $60 into a game.
I also think there would be less pirating if they released more demos instead of forcing people to play $60 just to see the game. It's not like you can go to Game stop and see the PC release of a game and try it out. Plus you can't play the game online without buying it, so i think pirating is a needed evil to save consumers from buying into the hype of a game and it allows them to buy just what they like, not basing it completely off the magazines/reviewers who all either get the game for free or receive advertising dollars to review a game.
Maybe we need a Demo vs Beta thread to discuss 1. the difference 2. why they are important.

Good discussion guys!

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
06 Aug 2010 21:16 #7840 by Lersar
Twodavez wrote:

I also think there would be less pirating if they released more demos instead of forcing people to play $60 just to see the game. It's not like you can go to Game stop and see the PC release of a game and try it out. Plus you can't play the game online without buying it, so i think pirating is a needed evil to save consumers from buying into the hype of a game and it allows them to buy just what they like, not basing it completely off the magazines/reviewers who all either get the game for free or receive advertising dollars to review a game.

Definitely. Steam already does some of this, allowing invites for friends to try a game for 10 days, or even doing free weekends altogether. Even StarCraft 2 included 10 day trials, which was great. But digital distribution, such as Steam and what Battle.net has become, allows for the ability to take the game away after that trial.

We have 1437 guests and no members online

supportus