Final Fantasy XIV to limit experience gained

More
25 Aug 2010 22:31 #8484 by Dreyvas
kotaku.com/5621786/final-fantasy-xivs-pl...gue-system-explained

Basically it looks like you only get 8 hours of playtime a week to gain full experience, followed by 7 hours of diminishing experience followed by no further experience gain until it resets.

This doesn't seem to make sense no matter how you look at it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Aug 2010 22:35 #8485 by Lersar
That's an odd way to approach it. Kinda their way to try to prevent the 'I've been level 80 for 6 months now, I'm cancelling my sub' syndrome?

More
25 Aug 2010 22:40 #8487 by Kurzuul
Wouldn't that mean... people would be freaking out for the first eight hours trying to get as much XP as possible?

File Attachment:

Xbox Live: Ceffanus
Steam: korbaut
Windows LIVE: aloysis

[WARNING: THIS POST CONTAINS NO RESEARCH WHATSOEVER AND IS BASICALLY 100% ASSUMPTION.]

More
25 Aug 2010 22:54 #8488 by Lersar
"Here's how the whole thing works. Once you begin training in a class, you have eight hours in which you can earn full experience. Once those eight hours is up, the amount of experience you earn will lower over the course of seven hours. At the end of those seven hours you will no longer be earning experience."

Sounds like they'll be freaking out especially in that first hour. In my understanding, it will working something like this:

Hour 1: 10XP, 2: 9XP, 3: 8XP... until it hits 0, then you have to wait until it resets.

We have 1472 guests and no members online

supportus