Halo Reach and Civ 5

More
14 Sep 2010 20:08 #9249 by Wingless92
Well, picked up Reach last night. I am a bit of a Halo fan I will say. I have played them all except for Halo Wars but RTS's on consoles suck. I have enjoyed the story's and the online that Halo brings is probably the best of the best.

On the other hand Civ 5 is ready for Pre Loading on Steam. I know that I have to finish Starcraft 2 here soon but Civ 5 is looking better and better every time I look at it.

Anyone else picking Halo Reach and Civ 5 up?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Sep 2010 22:58 #9260 by drpain
Replied by drpain on topic Re: Halo Reach and Civ 5
I will probably pick up Civ 5 but not sure on Reach, I still need to finish the 3rd one and pick up ODST.

From reading and watching things about Reach it has restored faith for me with Halo since Halo 2 was a joke and Halo 3 is kind of the same thing but a little better.

I still think Halo PC even though it has it flaws is still one of the best multiplayer Halo's out there.

Custom Built: AMD Phenom II X4 3.0GHz/G. Skill 12GB DDR3 1066Mhz/Crossfire ATI 6850's/3TB HDD

Macbook Pro: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.66GHz/4GB DDR3 1066MHz/Nvidia Geforce 9600M GT 256MB/320GB HDD

Xfire: drpain
Steam: drpain
Live: Ocar
PSN: BillyBananas

More
15 Sep 2010 03:19 #9263 by Lersar
Replied by Lersar on topic Re: Halo Reach and Civ 5
You should probably just skip ODST and go straight to Reach. The former did a better job turning people off the series than anything.

More
15 Sep 2010 16:03 #9268 by drpain
Replied by drpain on topic Re: Halo Reach and Civ 5
Yeah but I'm the type that still has to play them in order even though one might suck.

Reach I think will give me the excuse to re-sub Live though since I have been putting that off since Christmas of last year when I re-bought the 360 for a 3rd time.

Custom Built: AMD Phenom II X4 3.0GHz/G. Skill 12GB DDR3 1066Mhz/Crossfire ATI 6850's/3TB HDD

Macbook Pro: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.66GHz/4GB DDR3 1066MHz/Nvidia Geforce 9600M GT 256MB/320GB HDD

Xfire: drpain
Steam: drpain
Live: Ocar
PSN: BillyBananas

More
15 Sep 2010 17:54 #9269 by Lersar
Replied by Lersar on topic Re: Halo Reach and Civ 5

drpain wrote: Yeah but I'm the type that still has to play them in order even though one might suck.

Reach I think will give me the excuse to re-sub Live though since I have been putting that off since Christmas of last year when I re-bought the 360 for a 3rd time.

Thats good. I know more than a few people who said they wouldn't play Reach just because ODST bombed (and most of them were on Live last night playing it lol). I played through the first chapter last night real quick, it definitely reminded me of Combat Evolved. Haven't gotten to try multiplayer yet, a certain beta installer has been eating up my internet. I can't wait to try Firefight though.

More
15 Sep 2010 18:56 - 15 Sep 2010 18:57 #9270 by Comatose
Replied by Comatose on topic Re: Halo Reach and Civ 5
Yeah, i'm not buying reach because of ODST.... I might rent reach on a break. but its not worth the money for me because i allways thought the combat system needed work.

edit: I just realized i was signed in on my brothers account, this is Shroud. hahaha
Last edit: 15 Sep 2010 18:57 by Comatose.

More
16 Sep 2010 00:30 #9280 by Davey_Boy
Replied by Davey_Boy on topic Re: Halo Reach and Civ 5

Comatose wrote: Yeah, i'm not buying reach because of ODST.... I might rent reach on a break. but its not worth the money for me because i allways thought the combat system needed work.

edit: I just realized i was signed in on my brothers account, this is Shroud. hahaha

I was about mid sentence when I noticed the user name and said to myself, "That's Ryan's account name...when did Ryan make an account??" Then I saw that it was really you instead lol

More
16 Sep 2010 00:48 - 16 Sep 2010 00:48 #9284 by Kurzuul
Replied by Kurzuul on topic Re: Halo Reach and Civ 5
I kinda liked ODST. I went to the midnight launch for Reach (I saw townfunk and eraelis :D )

i haven't played it online yet, but offline multiplayer generally feels better- smoother I guess? And firefight is back with new modes. Rocket firefight, gruntpocalypse, but my favorite is Versus. The spartans try to rack up points while the elites try to stop them, then the two teams switch. Whichever team gets the most points wins.

Also, the Boardwalk map is freaking awesome. Kind of reminds me of Blackout. Lots of paths and angles from which you can be shot and/or killed. Very fun for SWAT.

File Attachment:

Xbox Live: Ceffanus
Steam: korbaut
Windows LIVE: aloysis

[WARNING: THIS POST CONTAINS NO RESEARCH WHATSOEVER AND IS BASICALLY 100% ASSUMPTION.]
Last edit: 16 Sep 2010 00:48 by Kurzuul.

We have 1253 guests and no members online

supportus