Doom 3 + mods = Awesome!

More
22 Sep 2010 20:36 - 22 Sep 2010 22:40 #9494 by Leonresevil2
Well it's been awhile since I was on the forums (they look great btw, very professional and efficient), and I have since finished my new rig, which I love to death. Anyway, since I have had some bursts of time, and a desire to demo what my baby can do in pixel power, I installed Doom 3 and have gotten some great mods for it, which I think would be worth looking into for some LANs. The game seems to max out around 8 players in MP, but the main focus I have on this is for co-op.

Last Man Standing is an impressive collection of multiplayer and co-op maps. 4 players running together through a never-ending flood of demons, trying to reach the level end; I think it would be a blast, and worth a try sometime.

Doom Chronicles is a MP only mod, which adds in optional bots, new maps, and some elements familiar to UT. Additionally it looks to have some good tweaking options, so we can customize it as we wish.

Perfected Doom is an amazing mod, really pushes the graphics to a new level, and I would recommend for anyone wanting to play the SP game (again).

The Dark Mod is another SP mod, but is an AMAZING mod, almost a stand-alone game itself, and the quality rivals modern developer games.

Just got OpenCoop to try out later, may end up being similar to LMS but I'll see. I have all these mods organized and saved so we could easily spread them on a LAN, along with the RoE expansion and last Doom3 patch.

It seems like modding the game is relatively easy, and I may look into combining some of the features and elements of the MP mods to make a custom form supporting good maps, great graphic options, and tweaked weapons. I would love to get some custom co-op setups with big epic bosses to fight, and if these do not have such (I haven't seen what all they have) then I will try to get that pieced together. Any comments or thoughts are appreciated.

"You should the forums"
Better words never said.
Last edit: 22 Sep 2010 22:40 by Leonresevil2. Reason: Making links stick out, adding more.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Sep 2010 22:04 #9498 by Lersar
Replied by Lersar on topic Re: Doom 3 + mods = Awesome!
Some good info there, I remember playing Doom 3 back on the original Xbox when it came out. I enjoyed it, wouldn't mind at all a chance to play it again. I don't think I ever got a chance to play multiplayer.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

We have 3239 guests and no members online

supportus