My Grandfather

More
12 Oct 2010 15:18 #10245 by Wingless92
My Grandfather was created by Wingless92
So last Thursday my grandfather past away in the hospital. It was a short stay for him and he didn't suffer, a way that I hope we all go out. Well today, he will be laid to rest at FT.Knox Kentucky. My sistet, dad and I are going to make the trip down for the funeral. He was 92 years old when he past away. He was also a WWII vet and it will be a full military funeral, everyone dressed in their best, 21 gun salute the whole nine yards. He never lived in a nursing home, nothing. Always lived at home, by himself after my grandmother passed away. So it just goes to show you that it can be done. When my dad went to see him down in the hospital he was asking when he could go home and trying to get my dad to unhook him from the machines and take him home, lol.

It's sad to see him go but he didn't suffer and he is with my uncle, cousin and his wife. He also had three sisters so he has people to pick on.

Not really an emotional person but this hits home pretty close. Thanks y'all for reading. Should be something to see today.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dreyvas, Lersar, draymac, NitrosDragon, J_E_R_O_M_E

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Oct 2010 18:11 #10247 by draymac
Replied by draymac on topic Re: My Grandfather
Thanks for sharing this Wingless. It is a real testament to our community that we can share this kind of personal information and not fear embarrassment or negativity of any kind. I know I have really bonded with everyone over this 2010 year.[insert joke here] :P

In that short post, I felt like I met your grandfather and he seemed to have a lot of spunk. Always a lot of respect for our veterans, as my dad served as a marine in Vietnam. Hoooraaaa!

I hope all your memories are fond and that you never forget them. That is how those that have departed can still live on with us.

More
12 Oct 2010 19:17 #10250 by J_E_R_O_M_E
Replied by J_E_R_O_M_E on topic Re: My Grandfather
Thanks for sharing! Sounds like he was a good man and always wanted to fend for himself. Nothing wrong with that. Good to hear he was able to stay out of the nursing home scene. That can be pretty troublesome sometimes.

It's always hard to see a loved one go but then you know they are in a better place.

Sounds like the funeral is going to be a special one. He earned it!!

My dad was in the army and did security. There are still many things he doesn't even talk about. But we all should always thank those who did serve and are serving.

Just remember the good times!! And always keep them in your thoughts.

"Where ever you go, there you are"

Battle.net: J_E_R_O_M_E
Steam: J_3_R_0_M_3

More
12 Oct 2010 23:30 #10265 by Koolaid84
Replied by Koolaid84 on topic Re: My Grandfather
This is wonderful that you are sharing this :) too bad its such a sad story to share.

Enjoy life. There's plenty of time to be dead. --Anon

More
14 Oct 2010 06:11 #10322 by NitrosDragon
Replied by NitrosDragon on topic Re: My Grandfather
God bless him for serving in the armed forces.

And best wishes to you, Wingless.

[nahy-trohs-drag-uhn]
DISCLAIMER: If my reply offends you, I probably did it on purpose

We have 1610 guests and no members online

supportus