GTA4 for $8

More
19 Apr 2010 18:36 #3993 by technobear

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Apr 2010 19:26 #4000 by Leonresevil2
Replied by Leonresevil2 on topic Re:GTA4 for $8
What luck! It's not listed in the Sales This Week, so is that the regular price for it now? Maybe Steam will be dropping the price to that or lower too.

"You should the forums"
Better words never said.

More
19 Apr 2010 20:51 - 19 Apr 2010 20:51 #4016 by Twodavez
Replied by Twodavez on topic Re:GTA4 for $8
Is GTA5 on the horizon? I haven't really kept up with the series after vice city... It just got too in depth. I just wanna kill people, drive fast cars and deal drugs. is that too much to ask out of a game titles Grand Theft Auto??? :P

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain
Last edit: 19 Apr 2010 20:51 by Twodavez.

More
19 Apr 2010 21:00 - 19 Apr 2010 21:02 #4017 by Leonresevil2
Replied by Leonresevil2 on topic Re:GTA4 for $8
Sounds like, from several sources on Wikipedia (i know, lol), that GTA5 may be appearing this fall. But I would say, unless you are really unsatisfied with how opened-ended GTA4 roaming plays, GTA4 for a low price would be a good idea. I watched just a bit of GTA4 on LAN, and it has good options. The modes available are decent, and Free Roam is like the normal game with multiple players. Just need a tank cheat, and it would be a blast! Literally!

Edit: or there appears to be a multiplayer mod for GTA3 and later versions. multitheftauto.com/

"You should the forums"
Better words never said.
Last edit: 19 Apr 2010 21:02 by Leonresevil2.

More
19 Apr 2010 22:28 #4026 by technobear
Replied by technobear on topic Re:GTA4 for $8
THe link i posted isnt for steam.. but it still works through LIVE so D2D works ok i guess..

Its hard to tell if STEAM will copy this sale price or not. They didnt copy D2D's $10 price on DIRT2 last week..

D2D is in the middle of a big sales push.

I get my prices from
www.steamgamesales.com

( garfield if im throwing too many URLs let me know)

More
20 Apr 2010 12:36 #4093 by Dreyvas
Replied by Dreyvas on topic Re:GTA4 for $8
Yeah, I got this on Steam when it was $7.50 during the holiday sale. Free play with a couple other people is amazing. I took this a while ago:

File Attachment:

More
20 Apr 2010 12:40 #4095 by Twodavez
Replied by Twodavez on topic Re:GTA4 for $8
I may have obtained the game when it came out and wasn't really impressed with it. Even on my new rig it seemed a little slow and the maps were just too big to keep up with all the gang wars. If territory was important to you, then that's all you'd end up doing it putting out the fires of the gang wars to keep your ground. Plus with all the mini-games i thought it was good, but too much!
For under $10, it might be fun to pick up if you could play multiplayer online with a friend in co-op mode...
anyone know if that's an option?

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
20 Apr 2010 14:22 #4104 by LinkyPwns
Replied by LinkyPwns on topic Re:GTA4 for $8
There isn't a coop mode twodaves but it has free mode to where you and up to 32 of your friends can run around the city doing anything you want, there are a lot of other multiplayer modes also. Its a steal at $8. Buy it

More
20 Apr 2010 14:53 #4110 by technobear
Replied by technobear on topic Re:GTA4 for $8
ya on my rig that can handle most games at full settings.. this game is choppy at best..

But you can steal cars!! and kill people!! and stuff!!!

More
20 Apr 2010 15:41 #4116 by Dreyvas
Replied by Dreyvas on topic Re:GTA4 for $8
I was under the impression that they just release an update that allows massive optimization. Haven't had a chance to check it out to see what kind of performance increase I get, though.

We have 1626 guests and no members online

supportus