Lan OC Podcast?

More
23 Sep 2011 02:54 #20011 by chadkirchner
Lan OC Podcast? was created by chadkirchner
There's obviously enough content to cover weekly. I wouldn't mind hosting / producing, but would need co-host / guests.

Thoughts?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Sep 2011 03:30 #20012 by Plague
Replied by Plague on topic Re: Lan OC Podcast?
very cool idea. I would help but I am in Columbus, so alittle far to drive weekly. hehe

More
23 Sep 2011 03:47 #20014 by chadkirchner
Replied by chadkirchner on topic Re: Lan OC Podcast?
It'd be Skype anyway. None of us really live all that close to each other!

More
23 Sep 2011 03:58 #20015 by Nacelle
Replied by Nacelle on topic Re: Lan OC Podcast?
It's been discussed in the past. It just never happened.

More
23 Sep 2011 06:15 #20018 by Wooderson
Replied by Wooderson on topic Re: Lan OC Podcast?
That's a good idea. I hope it happens.

I kill CPU's

More
23 Sep 2011 06:22 - 23 Sep 2011 06:23 #20019 by Leonresevil2
Replied by Leonresevil2 on topic Re: Lan OC Podcast?

chadkirchner wrote: It'd be Vent anyway. None of us really live all that close to each other!

Eh? Eh? Ahgh.

Anyway, do podcasts really bolster communities all that much? Seems more like just a way to draw mass crowds to listen to stuff for free. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it doesn't bring people to the lans, doesn't bring in sponsors unless you advertise on air, and it just seems like a break away from the open forums we have here.
I don't oppose the idea if it helps, I'm just pointing out my thoughts as to why it's never taken off, aside from time.

"You should the forums"
Better words never said.
Last edit: 23 Sep 2011 06:23 by Leonresevil2.

More
23 Sep 2011 06:32 #20020 by Wingless92
Replied by Wingless92 on topic Re: Lan OC Podcast?
Chad - I would love to co-host. Let me know what your are thinking about and we can go from there.

More
23 Sep 2011 06:56 #20023 by Lersar
Replied by Lersar on topic Re: Lan OC Podcast?
If we decide to go with this, just let me know any way I can help. I'm sure there would never be a shortage of guests: company affiliates, sponsors, other LAN party hosts, pro gamers... I know Wes and I met a few just this past trip to Vegas.

More
24 Sep 2011 00:25 #20031 by chadkirchner
Replied by chadkirchner on topic Re: Lan OC Podcast?

Leonresevil2 wrote:

chadkirchner wrote: It'd be Vent anyway. None of us really live all that close to each other!

Eh? Eh? Ahgh.

Anyway, do podcasts really bolster communities all that much? Seems more like just a way to draw mass crowds to listen to stuff for free. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it doesn't bring people to the lans, doesn't bring in sponsors unless you advertise on air, and it just seems like a break away from the open forums we have here.
I don't oppose the idea if it helps, I'm just pointing out my thoughts as to why it's never taken off, aside from time.

I believe you make a logical argument, as a lot of the content is free and seemingly takes away from the website itself.

However, I think current advertisers would love to see the site branch out and provide more exposure for their advertising. Also, it may draw people to the site that would have never considered our site before.

Might be worth throwing it against the wall and seeing if it sticks. I'll work something up in the coming week or so and maybe work on a pilot. Worst thing that happens is we are out a bit of our time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leonresevil2

We have 1534 guests and no members online

supportus