Lancool Dragonlord PC-K56

More
18 Feb 2010 14:54 #2130 by Lersar
Lancool is a child company of Lian Li, popular for their aluminum builds, out of Taiwan devoted to improving the experience of the LAN gamer, whether it be through convenience, style, or performance. Being a review site with such focus on LAN parties as we are, naturally we we're excited to check out what it was that set these mid-towers apart, and see if it held up to our own expectations. Lancool has sent us one of their latest models, the K56, for just that opportunity.
www.lanoc.org/review/hardware/cases/2543...ol-dragonlord-pc-k56

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Feb 2010 15:29 #2133 by Twodavez
2 fan spots? How lame! whoever thought that would be enough wasn't thinking! Even though most power supplies take air from the bottom and blow it out of the case, and some video cards blow air out themselves, why would you want the only entrans of air to be from the front that's running past your hot hard drives? Good review of a not so good product :-/
I know typically there wouldn't get a problemw ith airflow and temps of a cast, but on this one, did anyone think to run some temp benchmarks to see if the two fan design was enough to support an i7 chip, a few hard drives and some ram? Maybe they were thinking strait we just have grown to expect more fan slots. Just a thought...

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
18 Feb 2010 18:43 #2136 by Lersar
I think some of it comes from expectations formed from other mid-towers on the market. In comparsion, two 120mm is below average of other models. As I mentioned, my own expectations may have been elevated due to the name of the company (both LAN and cool), but for something that's marketed towards users with high-end hardware being used for extended consecutive hours, two fans comes up lacking.

We have 1363 guests and no members online

supportus