Silverstone Raven 2

More
17 Mar 2010 12:24 #2721 by Lersar
Silverstone Raven 2 was created by Lersar
** This thread discusses the content article: Silverstone Raven 2 **

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Mar 2010 12:33 #2722 by Twodavez
Replied by Twodavez on topic Re:Silverstone Raven 2
I wish you would've included pictures of the completed PC with all the guts in it to help demonstrate the new way of doing things in the case. Sounds like a good idea, but i'm assuming all your USB, Network, & Monitor cables come from the top of the case and have to drape down the side or the back to your monitor and keyboard... I'd like to see how this looks as i do'nt think it would look very clean and for someone who puts their PC on the desk next to my monitor, i don't know about the cords.

Also, while most LAN's there is ample room to put your PC on the desk next to you, what about when i go over to a friends house and to save space, the PC's are put ont he ground. Doesn't anyone worry about air flow constriction from the carpet that the PC is put on? I have a CM 690 and my power supply takes air from the "raises" bottom and blows it out the back, so that no heat is passed into my case. But i've always had issued with putting her on the floor in fear of carpet or whatever's in the carpet getting sucked into the powersupply...

One more thing, how easy is it to clean the screens (if any) on the bottomr whwere the air is coming in? I had a heck of a time getting the screen off my bottom air in port that i removed the fan because i wasn't going to take off the side panel, turn the PC sideways, unscrew the screen to clean it.

I know i wrote alot, but i've been having issues with the bottom intake concept lately, and since this case is designed around it, thought i'd take the time to air them out :-)

Good article by Lersar though!

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
17 Mar 2010 16:17 - 17 Mar 2010 16:19 #2730 by Lersar
Replied by Lersar on topic Re:Silverstone Raven 2
A lot of good questions Dave. First, you have a very good idea with the complete package pic, so to speak. It will be different and since cables will be working against gravity in this case it may look a bit odd. But its pretty much the same as those who have a top I/O panel. I think you have to get creative when dealing with cords in general, not just with the Raven 2, to make them look neat.

The floor is an excellent point, and if this was the case (no pun intended), you'd probably want to put it on a crate or something with elevation. The Raven 2 has feet to elevate it so its not sitting directly on any surface, but your main concern with carpet would be debris. Its more of an individual scenario though, some people may have hardwood floors who put their PCs on the floor. Regardless, you wouldn't want to put any case on a dusty, dirty desk, wood floor, or carpet. Again, you have a very valid point though: this probably would suffer performance on carpet, but its never a good idea to put anything, including console systems, on carpet.

The screens are surprisingly easy to pull out and re-insert, and I say surprisingly because they're very well secured otherwise. It was hard to get a photo of them, but there is one in there, and you can see a small tab that allows for the screens to pull out from a rail-like system situated underneath the fans. In most situations that I've seen like these, the screens are vertical on the front of the case, and I think that these being flat and level to begin with also helps.

I appreciate the questions Dave. That's what the reviews are for, so if you ever have any questions we're more than happy to fill you in. And thanks!
Last edit: 17 Mar 2010 16:19 by Lersar.

We have 1431 guests and no members online

supportus