OCZ Agility Series 60 GB SSD

More
19 Mar 2010 19:22 #2809 by garfi3ld
** This thread discusses the content article: OCZ Agility Series 60 GB SSD **

Wes

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Mar 2010 19:52 #2810 by Wingless92
That's not to shabby at all. I know that the Intel drives really excel in random writes aka when the OS is writing to the HDD. My 80gb was $220, so this drive is right on par for dollars per GB. Getting more and more SSD's on the market is a great thing. Cost comes down and performance goes up.

Great review LanOC!

More
21 Mar 2010 02:22 #2818 by Twodavez
So is there a time frame for prices to come down, you know how technology supposidly doubles every 5 years (i think it might even be 2) how long is it going to take before they no longer make the HD's we're used to now with platters? I wonder if it's a cost to manufacture thing at this point, or if it's a lack of technology that's keeping the prices up.
Just courious when these are going to get below $100.00 and into my price range to pick one up :-)

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
21 Mar 2010 02:55 #2819 by garfi3ld
well they do have SSD's under 100 right now, but I would guess you will see 60 gig drives touching 100 by the end of the year. Next year will be a big SSD year IMO. But I don't think SSD's will ever replace standard hard drives. Atleast in their current form.

Wes

We have 2402 guests and no members online

supportus