Razer Imperator

More
25 Mar 2010 18:27 #2935 by garfi3ld
Razer Imperator was created by garfi3ld
** This thread discusses the content article: Razer Imperator **

Wes

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Mar 2010 18:29 #2936 by NitrosDragon
Replied by NitrosDragon on topic Re:Razer Imperator
The Z-Axis issue makes me a sad panda. Personally, I lift my mouse a little while I game, trying to break out of the habit. Using a heavier mouse has helped me, though. I do like the high DPI, though, and it looks very stylish and comfortable.

[nahy-trohs-drag-uhn]
DISCLAIMER: If my reply offends you, I probably did it on purpose

More
26 Mar 2010 11:17 #2962 by Nacelle
Replied by Nacelle on topic Re:Razer Imperator
It's not a habit that needs broken. On games like CoD, I turn the sensitivity down so I can actually hit someone. This means more picking the mouse up. For me that flaw is a deal breaker

More
26 Mar 2010 13:58 #2964 by Twodavez
Replied by Twodavez on topic Re:Razer Imperator
I don't pick up my mouse that i know of. I don't even move my arm much if i don't have to. Those extra actions take too much time to aim, simply click up and down the sensativity and boom, your turning in circles with a swift move of the wrist!
I've always wondered why mouse pads were getting larger...

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
26 Mar 2010 15:18 #2970 by garfi3ld
Replied by garfi3ld on topic Re:Razer Imperator
i would be really interested in how many people really do pick up their mice. This mouse really is amazing if you don't.

Wes

More
26 Mar 2010 16:33 #2972 by Lersar
Replied by Lersar on topic Re:Razer Imperator
I don't remember them specifically, but I remember it was one of those three styles that SteelSeries defined during their research into their mice.

More
26 Mar 2010 17:12 #2982 by NitrosDragon
I thought I was one of the few that picked up their mouse while playing. I've since switched to higher DPIs, but I still do it occasionally.

[nahy-trohs-drag-uhn]

More
26 Mar 2010 17:32 #2986 by garfi3ld
Lersar wrote:

I don't remember them specifically, but I remember it was one of those three styles that SteelSeries defined during their research into their mice.

claw, palm, and the people who pivot on their wrist pick it up and move it. Iv noticed people who play CS tend to run lower DPI and pick up the mice more. Newer gamers are going more with larger mouse pads and slightly higher dpi's

still, noone is using 5600 DPI. It would be great if this mouse had the deathadders lower DPI sensor.

Wes

More
26 Mar 2010 17:40 #2987 by NitrosDragon
garfi3ld wrote:

claw, palm, and the people who pivot on their wrist pick it up and move it. Iv noticed people who play CS tend to run lower DPI and pick up the mice more. Newer gamers are going more with larger mouse pads and slightly higher dpi's

still, noone is using 5600 DPI. It would be great if this mouse had the deathadders lower DPI sensor.

I'm a pivot-er, myself, but I've heard that claw is "best" for competitive gaming. I have no problem getting used to higher DPIs, and would love to try 5600. Only recently have I been pushing myself as far as sensitivity goes.

[nahy-trohs-drag-uhn]

More
26 Mar 2010 17:43 #2988 by garfi3ld
at that high of a sensitivity you would move a 1/4 of an inch and spin in a circle. Perfect for quick turnarounds.. but impossible to shoot someone in the head from across the map lol

Wes

More
26 Mar 2010 17:50 #2989 by NitrosDragon
garfi3ld wrote:

Perfect for quick turnarounds.. but difficult to shoot someone in the head from across the map lol

Fix'd. ;)

Don't underestimate the power and reflexes of the youthful!

Just kidding, high DPIs like those are probably marketed towards the druggy/gaming crowd that play FPS while, ahem, "tweaking." :woohoo:

[nahy-trohs-drag-uhn]

We have 1328 guests and no members online

supportus