Cooler Master HAF X

More
26 May 2010 04:31 #6194 by garfi3ld
Cooler Master HAF X was created by garfi3ld
** This thread discusses the content article: Cooler Master HAF X **

Wes

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 May 2010 04:42 #6195 by garfi3ld
Replied by garfi3ld on topic Re:Cooler Master HAF X
A launch day review for you guys :)

Wes

More
26 May 2010 12:29 #6199 by technobear
Replied by technobear on topic Re:Cooler Master HAF X
Man that looks nice!
I would liked to have seen them use 230mm fans on the top and the sides.. to go along with the front. i have no idea why they didnt.

More
26 May 2010 13:00 #6200 by Reaper
Replied by Reaper on topic Re:Cooler Master HAF X
Likely they didn't see much improvement in the potential cooling difference or overall noise. For the most part, I don't hear the fans themselves on my 932, I just hear air movement.

Also, Wes, one thing you may want to fix in the article is the references to 35 lbs. That is the shipping weight, 31.6 lbs is the actual "carry" weight. Not to say that it isn't a heavy !@#$% still!

I like the "small things" they've done. The panel that slides over the power button and GPU cooling ducts both seem like very welcome additions over previous designs.

More
26 May 2010 16:41 #6212 by jj_Sky5000
Replied by jj_Sky5000 on topic Re:Cooler Master HAF X
Wow this case has alot of new features. They painted the interior ++ and USB 3.0 ++

Not to be too off subject, just another one of those growing ideas. I got a email from bit tech this morning featuring the case, So i read that article. Before ever logging onto Lanoc, Maybe a email blast before launch, might help draw more viewers.

More
26 May 2010 17:00 #6213 by Twodavez
Replied by Twodavez on topic Re:Cooler Master HAF X
As the resident Tech noob, i have to ask, will we all need to buy new 3.0 USB flashdrives to take advantage of this increase in technology, or are the thumb drives already being made to be able to used the 3.0 speeds (i'm assuming that's what the difference is)?

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
26 May 2010 17:28 #6214 by drpain
Replied by drpain on topic Re:Cooler Master HAF X
Looks pretty slick, especially all those fans and their sizes. To bad I don't have an extra 200 bucks or so laying around or I would totally replace my current McGruber'ed tower case with this guy. Looks so clean and awesome especially the cable routing they have.

Custom Built: AMD Phenom II X4 3.0GHz/G. Skill 12GB DDR3 1066Mhz/Crossfire ATI 6850's/3TB HDD

Macbook Pro: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.66GHz/4GB DDR3 1066MHz/Nvidia Geforce 9600M GT 256MB/320GB HDD

Xfire: drpain
Steam: drpain
Live: Ocar
PSN: BillyBananas

More
08 Jun 2010 20:10 #6425 by eloric
Replied by eloric on topic Re:Cooler Master HAF X
You menetion that there are 9 PCI slots and no motherboard has that. The EVGA Classified SR-2 requires 9, and what an awesome board it is:

www.evga.com/products/moreInfo.asp?pn=27...1&family=Motherboard Family&series=Intel 5520 Series Family

Maybe the reason the HAF X was created in the first place?

More
08 Jun 2010 20:33 #6426 by garfi3ld
you are right about that, I should have pointed out that the HAF X will support the EVGA X58 Classified 4-Way SLI motherboard with optional 4-way SLI support. There is not enough depth or width available to support the EVGA Classified SR-2 because the motherboard is of a non standard layout and is 15 inches wide. This is over 2 inches longer than the interior of the chassis.

Cooler master did work with EVGA to release two cases made specifically for the SR-2 at Computex last week. Now if we could get a SR-2 to test we would be set!

Wes

More
08 Jun 2010 21:40 #6429 by Nacelle
Replied by Nacelle on topic Re:Cooler Master HAF X
Twodavez wrote:

As the resident Tech noob, i have to ask, will we all need to buy new 3.0 USB flashdrives to take advantage of this increase in technology, or are the thumb drives already being made to be able to used the 3.0 speeds (i'm assuming that's what the difference is)?

I'm missed your question earlier. The drive has to be USB 3 to see any benefit. The ports are backwards compatible, so you can still use your old stuff without any problems.

More
08 Jun 2010 23:26 #6431 by garfi3ld
also to add to that, we have a USB 3.0 hard drive in the upcoming review lineup. You will be able to see the performance difference there also.

Wes

More
09 Jun 2010 00:01 #6433 by Lersar
Replied by Lersar on topic Re:Cooler Master HAF X
garfi3ld wrote:

also to add to that, we have a USB 3.0 hard drive in the upcoming review lineup. You will be able to see the performance difference there also.

woot!

We have 1217 guests and one member online

supportus