Western Digital SiliconEdge Blue 128gb

More
10 Jun 2010 10:39 #6486 by garfi3ld
** This thread discusses the content article: Western Digital SiliconEdge Blue 128gb **

Wes

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Jun 2010 10:42 #6487 by Nacelle
What memory controller is used in it? That is the part that has the most to do with speed than anything else right now. Trim support? Without it, speed decreases over time.

More
10 Jun 2010 10:48 #6489 by garfi3ld
The drive is running the JMicron JMF612 with support for Trim.

Wes

More
10 Jun 2010 12:15 #6491 by Twodavez
Good review, while most of the info was over my head and the technology is still out of my price range. Just make sure you let us know when we should start investing in SSD's. I'm not one to be on the forefront of technology, but i don't wanna get crap at the next lan for not having one. I already get enough looks/comments for still running Windows Vista :dry:

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
10 Jun 2010 16:22 #6499 by garfi3ld
I have a review for you coming up next week dave. :)

Wes

More
10 Jun 2010 16:29 #6502 by Nacelle
Dave, wait until they're running on SATA 6 gig. That's when we'll start seeing real speed. The current drives are running up against the limits of the bus.

More
10 Jun 2010 20:02 #6508 by Twodavez
I hate when the bus fills up because then you have to wait for the next one or walk :silly:

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

We have 1795 guests and one member online

supportus