How do you forget the maps in the mappack?

More
07 Jul 2010 01:21 #6953 by garfi3ld
** This thread discusses the content article: How do you forget the maps in the mappack? **

Wes

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Jul 2010 13:53 - 07 Jul 2010 13:54 #6958 by Reaper
I haven't bought either map packs yet for this game because I had a strong belief they would quickly send the game into the equivalent of dependency hell where it would be hard to match up players that have "X" map pack but not "Y" or "Z". I didn't think the gears would start flying out of the works this quick, though. Yeah, this might be a Steam issue, not Activision/IW, but it doesn't speak well to the quasi-MMO model of paid map packs available every other month. Until they decide to change that crap, you guys can find me in BFBC2 :-D . Those of you that I played with know that I pretty much played MW2 nonstop, so I liked it - up until the paid map packs started coming out.
Last edit: 07 Jul 2010 13:54 by Reaper. Reason: clarification

More
07 Jul 2010 14:10 #6959 by Lersar
I've played on an account or with people who didn't have the maps (meaning if you're in their party, you don't play them either), and in my experience you run into more trouble if you have them than if you don't.

More
07 Jul 2010 15:41 #6960 by garfi3ld
the download issue was a steam issue, not IW. Having played on both of my accounts one with the map packs and the other without I have no issues at all using ether. Outside of getting this downloaded ofcourse

Wes

More
07 Jul 2010 20:38 #6962 by Kurzuul
I would still say it is FAIL. I'm surprised I'm not seeing more about this around the internets.

File Attachment:

Xbox Live: Ceffanus
Steam: korbaut
Windows LIVE: aloysis

[WARNING: THIS POST CONTAINS NO RESEARCH WHATSOEVER AND IS BASICALLY 100% ASSUMPTION.]

More
08 Jul 2010 00:56 #6968 by Lersar
Kurzuul wrote:

I would still say it is FAIL. I'm surprised I'm not seeing more about this around the internets.

I'm sure the Steam forums/chat were a disaster

We have 1911 guests and one member online

supportus