Local recording your LAN gameplay

More
16 Jul 2015 17:30 #36835 by Lersar
How many people would be interested/willing to do some sort of local recording of their gameplay at the v17.0? Cytog has done some awesome stuff with his own recordings (you can check out an example here ), and I'd like get some more material for such things. The idea would be to have a folder on the network that you can upload these recordings to, and we can just collect a bunch of footage of the games played during the event: free play, tournament, or otherwise. Doesn't have to a one in a life time play or anything (though if you do capture something like that be sure to let us know!)

There are a lot of ways to record, but a fairly free/easy way is to install OBS (some of you may already have this if you stream). Then you can choose local recording, and instead of streaming it writes it to a local location of your choosing.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Jul 2015 01:22 #36837 by cytog64
I would love to have gotten some more samples from other players. I'm thankful you all captured the tournament play as I was able to find a few minutes of great footage to add to my video. Usually I have to capture a few hours worth of my own play before I actually find a good few minutes of "watchable" gaming.

I have a license for FRAPs but have also had success with playclaw. I found that before I started using my current rig I could not capture without suffering massive frame lag (so an SSD is a must).

I wish I didn't have to work during the next LAN but I hope to catch next spring.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dreyvas, Lersar

More
26 Jul 2015 02:54 #36864 by Unjustified
I would be willing to help out with some videos :) I've got obs/fraps and they work fine. I currently do not have a seat for the lan, but am trying to get one, hopefully it works out!

Main PC: i7-4790k, Asus Maximus VII gene mobo, GTX 770 4gb, 8gb g-skill 1600 ram, corsair h50, corsair HX750 PSU painted corsair air 240, 1x 120gb pny ssd, 1x wd blue 1tb, 1x barracuda 2tb.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lersar

More
30 Jul 2015 00:21 #36893 by Lersar

Unjustified wrote: I would be willing to help out with some videos :) I've got obs/fraps and they work fine. I currently do not have a seat for the lan, but am trying to get one, hopefully it works out!

Awesome, thank you! Keep an eye out on the waiting list, things inevitably come up and seats do open.

More
31 Jul 2015 05:28 #36899 by Unjustified
I got a seat the other day :)

Main PC: i7-4790k, Asus Maximus VII gene mobo, GTX 770 4gb, 8gb g-skill 1600 ram, corsair h50, corsair HX750 PSU painted corsair air 240, 1x 120gb pny ssd, 1x wd blue 1tb, 1x barracuda 2tb.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lersar

We have 1883 guests and no members online

supportus